For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
arkybarky1's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, March 11th, 2019 6:23 PM

my data speed slowed to 20 kbps max

data speed slowed to 20 kbps max

After using up my 8 gb monthly plan data my internet speed drops to 10-20 kbps , nowhere near the 128 kbps promised. It took 4 minutes to access my email login page yesterday which has no animation s or ads. Customer service does nothing that s helpful. Resetting phone connection can boost speed to 10-28 kbps, soft reset at my end does nothing.

What do people suggest I do about this?

Lg stylo2 phone, was unlocked Metro Pcs phone.updated to Android v7 , new at+t sim card last summer.

Mar 11, 2019

Atnt store says it sounds like my service is on Low Priority. They replaced Sim Card with current version which hasn't helped. They also think a complete reset of phone could help & claim Lg phone has poor antenna. What is "Priority" of data service and how does one get decent service? Maybe"prioritization" of my payment is in order? Btw no other devices share this "service".

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

I have a 9GB plan and the same complaint.

If you bought a car that was advertised as having a top speed of 120mph,
and it went only 20mph, and you realized it would never go over 20, and yet
the rep told you many times it was a maximum of 120mph, not a guarantee of
any sort... And you realized it was because of the throttle they put in,
and it would never go that fast... It would actually never go over 10 or

You would say that was deceptive. You wouldn't say, well, that's what it
was advertised to do. It's misleading, deceptive, disingenuous, and
actually would probably be illegal.

A hot water heater that could heat your water too 150, but actually didn't?

I can think of half a dozen analogies that people wouldn't stand for.

I'm usually an agree-to-disagree mind of guy, but I'm scratching my head
why anybody thinks that what AT&Wallet is doing is ok.

I'm not naive, but expected more. I guess if you expect them to bend you
over at every chance they get, then you're not disappointed? I give up.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

Don't like the rules and limits sign up for unlimited.  Your paying for a 9gb plan.  Your the one using all the data.  Nobody in the right mind would think they get more than 9gb full speed data when it says 9gb.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

Don't like the rules and limits sign up for unlimited.  Your paying for a 9gb plan.  Your the one using all the data.  Nobody in the right mind would think they get more than 9gb full speed data when it says 9gb.

You said it!   😂

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

If one were to advertise a car that slowed down to a maximum speed of 300 mph (maximum average terminal velocity of a free falling car) after you run out of gas but realistically can only go 1-2 mph because you have to push it, it would seem like pretty shady advertisement. Just don't advertise nonsense at&t. I'm dropping it and "customer retention" is a joke. They don't care if you stay. They know they make enough money that it won't hurt their bottom line. You can lie all you want and make false claims, so long as the truth is buried in the fine print. No car manufacturer is expecting you to push your car off a cliff if it runs out of gas to achieve the "advertised no fuel speed" and that's why they don't advertise it. Heck, with at&t logic, my old 86 Chevy 1500 was a factory hybrid. Queue the fine print. Other source of power is gravity and inertia. Must be already in motion for inertia power and/or must be going down hill for gravity power. Lol, "it's in the fine print" is a weak excuse.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.