For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
jlee0909's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 10:44 PM

AT&T PREPAID vs. Cricket

Cricket is owned by AT&T, Cricket is cheaper, and Cricket uses the AT&T network, so I thought why not switch to Cricket. I read on the forum that AT&T has faster download speeds.

I've also been hearing that the cell reception is not the same. A friend who has AT&T was in the remote Santa Cruz mountains, and he had cellphone service for calls and internet, but others who had Cricket, T-Mobile, and Sprint had no service.

Are there other disadvantages with going with Cricket?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Respectfully, no that is incorrect. I have an AT&T Velocity prepaid mobile hotspot device. It works all over Wyoming in areas depicted on AT&T coverage viewer as partner coverage. That is confirmed by me, a trucker who also has Verizon and travels everywhere. Trust me AT&T Prepaid works on extended network. Cricket does not. Go with prepaid go phone. You have roaming capabilities. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Cricket has both WiFi Calling and Hotspot.  Hotspot costs an additional $10 per month per line

• 

3 Messages

Actually cricket only offers wifi calling if you buy a cricket branded phone or have an iPhone...I am switching to ATT prepaid because they offer WiFi calling for my note 10 whereas cricket did not and would not offer it to me...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

@wkufan36 That note 10 must be an ATT branded phone to get WiFi calling.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

No it doesn't...ATT has certain phones and this one is one of the phones allowed to do WIFI calling... I've already called and verified this information with them...

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I dont think thats true 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I dont think thats true

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.