Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Sopeeved's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 30th, 2017 3:11 AM

No hotspot for $65 plan!?!?!

I use my hotspot as my ONLY internet source so when I got a text from att saying that they have a new plan with 22GB of data, I switched. When I tried to use my hotspot to watch Netflix on my TV, it kept shutting off. When I called technical support, they told me that hotspot is not offered on that plan and there was nothing they could do. There was nothing that told me that I would lose the feature when I switched. It's kind of a big deal. I asked them to just credit my account for what I hadn't used (I haven't even had the plan for a full 24 hours) and I would just switch back to the $45 plan. They refused. I asked them if I could pay an additional fee to turn the hotspot feature on. They refused. I'm so furious and will be switching my service as soon as the plan expires if no one can help.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000251 EndHTML:000004542 StartFragment:000003278 EndFragment:000004375 StartSelection:000003278 EndSelection:000004375 SourceURL:https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-PREPAID/No-hotspot-for-65-plan/m-p/5214726/highlight/true

David606:

Shady how? You're expecting the same level of service on a cheaper plan? That's an unreasonable expectation. This is a business, not a charity. 

The carrier has every right to make features available on more expensive plans and less available on cheaper plans. Parity doesn't exist. Hotspot costs more and that's the companies right to do so. Greedy? No, that's not greed. It's business.

You're completely correct, why should AT&T make features that are available for 45$ available on their 65$ plan. Hotspots do not cost more, it's a feature of the phone and has nothing to do with the carrier. It's an avenue of more revenue pure and simple. So it's a stranglehold on the device. Just wait for the class-action lawsuit, it would be like power companies telling you that you can only run certain electronics.

Besides, as an employee, I would get smart. You won't have a job after the people leave because of such tactics. You're not the best deal in town.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Glimmer, incorrect. To get into debt means to take on an agreement that's not paid for, up front.

Don't care what you say about credit ratings, to not take the loan is to be further ahead.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

Going to unsubscribe now, this obviously has just attracted the attention of lesser minds of this forum.

It should really be a clue to the business that people are leaving. (because I surely am and am obviously not the only one)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Month to month service is not a loan. I pay every month for the next just like post paid.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

Reply deleted.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

I miss him already...... 🙋🏼   😆

I'm going to swing by subway and order a foot long, rather than a half.  I expect it will cost me more.

Then fill up the tank with premium rather than regular, and I expect that will cost me more.  

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

It does fully respect it's customers. If they like the plan and the terms they can buy it. If you don't like the offer, nobody forces you to take it. You are acting like it mistreats it's prepaid customers, they actually have an identical post paid plan. Same price no hotspot.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

it is rediculous that they dont include the hotspot - i agree, almost switched...but called first and glad i asked that question. iys the first prepaid plan that does not include the hotspot(i live by it also) - and i have gone past my data on these plans - speed is slowed down severly - cand load webpages, they say "unstable connection" - the at&t page wont even load(it says "not a secure connection). so, it is beyond slowed down - it stops working - definitely not unlimited. whoever this person posting with the "views are of my own" certificate, is a plant, for sure. dont let him fool you - you would think they would try to make the plan work for everyone...the "no hotspot" thing should be in giant bold letters, they know we use it on the highest plan - come on now

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

I agree that it should say no hotspot.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have the same issue. Previously it was called 60.00 month plan with 8gigs with hotspot and they changed it to 65.00 month plan with 22gigs with no hotspot. This is extremely frustrating for me because I am a pilot and I use the hotspot for flight plans, weather, and etc on my ipad. So I am being forced to go with a different phone service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.