For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
E

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 27th, 2020 8:53 PM

Closed

HBO MAX can't verify my subscription

Hi, I received an email from AT&T stating I am eligible for an HBO Max subscription at no extra charge due to having at AT&T Unlimited Plus wireless plan however when I try logging in to the HBO Max app it's telling me that it can't verify my subscription? Can you help please? Thank you

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

@william26455 

Did you call 877-285-0146? It seems people have had success calling.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Just getting a busy signal now. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

This has been the MOST FRUSTRATING problem I’ve had with ATT!!!! Spent hours on phone with several regular customer service reps from the main ATT phone # or 611 dialed from phone! These reps are trained to try & resolve issues & screen calls in an effort to NOT have to transfer you to other more qualified depts. which is ridiculous. There’s no automated prompt for HBOmax tech support so don’t waste your time with these reps. I have to thank the user in this thread named Scoobnob bc I tried his suggestion asking for “Digital Assistance Center” & they got it working!!!  You’ll need to explain to the main cust rep that you’ve already spoken to many reps about this problem & spent hours  on phone & a user from the ATT forums said the digital asst. center is who resolved it. They will transfer you to auto prompts that won’t specifically state HBO so u just chose the direct tv tech support and when auto prompts asked for the issue I just continued to say “technical support. I clearly explained in detail how much time I’ve spent on this issue & a user from the ATT forum suggested digital assist center. She told me it was out of her scope of expertise so transferred me to another dept. when I spoke with that next agent I stated my lengthy issue again. FINALLY that agent was able to get me logged in!! Yay!  Hope ya’ll can get this fixed.

We spend almost $200 a month w/ ATT & should have access to every benefit in our plan!  It’s ridiculous the main cust service reps, our first point of contact are not trained in fixing this common problem. ATT needs to step up their game & the higher ups should be aware of these common issues & provide these reps with that knowledge!!!  

Thanks again Scoobnob for the excellent solution you provided in your comment in this thread! 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

This has been the MOST FRUSTRATING problem I’ve had with ATT!!!! Spent hours on phone with several regular customer service reps from the main ATT phone # or 611 dialed from phone! These reps are trained to try & resolve issues & screen calls in an effort to NOT have to transfer you to other more qualified depts. which is ridiculous. There’s no automated prompt for HBOmax tech support so don’t waste your time with these reps. I have to thank the user in this thread named Scoobnob bc I tried his suggestion asking for “Digital Assistance Center” & they got it working!!!  You’ll need to explain to the main cust rep that you’ve already spoken to many reps about this problem & spent hours  on phone & a user from the ATT forums said the digital asst. center is who resolved it. They will transfer you to auto prompts that won’t specifically state HBO so u just chose the direct tv tech support and when auto prompts asked for the issue I just continued to say “technical support. When I finally reached a live person I clearly explained in detail how much time I’ve spent on this issue & a user from the ATT forum suggested digital assist center. She told me it was out of her scope of expertise so she transferred me to another dept. when I spoke with that next agent I stated my lengthy issue again. FINALLY that agent was able to get me logged in!! Yay!  Hope ya’ll can get this fixed.

We spend almost $200 a month w/ ATT & should have access to every benefit in our plan!  It’s ridiculous the main cust service reps, our first point of contact are not trained in fixing this common problem. ATT needs to step up their game & the higher ups should be aware of these common issues & provide these reps with that knowledge!!!  

Thanks again Scoobnob for the excellent solution you provided in your comment in this thread! 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  The first time I called they couldn't solve it so they created a ticket.  A few days later I got a text saying it was resolved, but it wasn't.  I called back and had to start from the beginning, and after another hour they created another ticket and said I'll hear back in 1-3 days.  Today was day 3.  I don't expect a response at this point.  I've been an AT&T customer for two weeks and I'm already furious with their customer service.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

@CurbYourehteeandtee 

Did you call 877-285-0146? Other people have reported positive results.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Name one. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

If you can't find the posts in this thread, I can't help you further.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Helping me ‘further’ implies you’ve helped at all. 

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

3 years ago

Well, for one, I gave you a phone number. Did you call it? What did they say to do?

Here it is again. Call it.

877-285-0146

Read the posts on page four.

Various users have reported positive results.

Here's one example:

"To update again. I called a couple more times earlier in the morning to get someone from US. I was transferred around but eventually was told to try live chatting someone on the ATT Watch TV FAQ page. The live chat link was down at the bottom of the webpage. So I did, and surprisingly got someone immediately. About after 15 minutes of chatting, they fixed everything by adding HBO to my account somehow.  This is something everybody else seemed to have no idea how to do.  Even on my Account Summary page, I can see all the HBO Max banners and account details that was never there before. The customer service person who referred me over to the chat actually called back to make sure it had worked out. So knock on wood that it stays fixed. We’ll see. "

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.