For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
kafox15's profile

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2016 11:50 PM

Moto X Pure HD Voice

When is AT&T going to support HD Voice on the Moto X Pure Edition? Both T-Mobile and Verizon support it for this phone, so why can't AT&T?

It has nothing to do with technical limitations since all they need to do is allow HD Voice on your phone and it will work. I feel they are just being greedy and are upset that they didn't get our money for the phone purchase and are just doing this to get back at us!

AT&T, stop being childish and enable HD Voice support for this phone. It's more tempting each and every day to switch to T-Mobile.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

ATT uses the exact same VoLTE as everyone else. My ATT S7 Edge works fine on VoLTE with a Tmobile sim in it and the Moto X Pure supports VoLTE on Tmobile and Verizon. The only reason you cant get HD Voice/VoLTE on ATT is because it is blocked and ATT wants you to buy a phone with an ATT logo and bloated software on it. The Moto X could support HD Voice on 3g/HSPA as well as VoLTE with an ATT sim in it, but ATT blocks VoLTE on non ATT devices(except the iPhone because Apple has more power over the carriers) and doesn't support HD Voice over 3g/HSPA like Tmobile does. If you want HD Voice on your Moto X, switch to literally any other of the 3 major carriers since Tmobile/Verizon offer VoLTE and Sprint has HD Voice over 3g, ATT is the only one dumb enough to block it entirely.

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

8 years ago

Does anyone from AT&T have an update on this?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@kafox15 wrote:

Does anyone from AT&T have an update on this?

@kafox15

they have no plans right now to allow it.  Maybe in the future but not right now.  I wish they would my s7 930U would work great with it just like my s7 active does.

Scholar

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Yea it's pretty sad that they only allow phones they sell to use HD Voice.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Based on everything I know, and from my personal insight...this will never happen. AT&T is linking too many things to VOLTE. In my opinion, outside of those few iPhones that work no other non-branded devices will ever be able to use HD Voice.

Scholar

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Sad really.... they should give me a discount then.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Why would that entitle anyone to a discount? VOLTE in no way affects the ability to make calls or nor does it hinder coverage.

Scholar

• 

30 Messages

8 years ago

Because that is a service that is included with the price and I can't use
the service just because att doesn't want to open the doors to unlocked
phones? Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint all allow unlocked phones to use
VoLTE.
In some areas LTE coverage is better than hspa so at times it does hinder
in making a call.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@David606 wrote:

Why would that entitle anyone to a discount? VOLTE in no way affects the ability to make calls or nor does it hinder coverage.

@David606

um the sure the heck does effect coverage...  Remember the goal is to move all traffic to the LTE network in the next few years which mean voip calls.  ALL phones will have to have these features.  @David606  you need to realize the FCC is about to hammer the us phone carriers over updates and things like this.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@shoman94

since as of right now most voice traffic is not carried on the LTE network its not but in the future you can bet your shorts it will be a problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.