For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
tmkochel's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 8th, 2017 3:24 PM

Carrier Settings Update

For the past few days my phone has been getting a pop-up titled Carrier Settings Update and the body of the message says new settings are available and asks if I want to update now or not.

Is this how AT&T sends out updates to my phone? It kinda feels like malware/spam to me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

With recent changes to law allowing ISPs to now track everything you do, this update is for this purpose. Big brother deluxe at the ISP level.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

thnx

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I would like to know exactly what this most recent "carrier update" (may-june 2017) from at&t cellular is for ???  I've tried to research it and I can't find any information as to what it initials and includes ..... This happened about a year ago as well and I found the same problem and that being that you can not locate any information or description as to what the update is for ..... other than maybe some vague description of it "fixing bugs" ... but that sounds like a LIE to me. It doesn't explain what these issues are, it's very frustrating and very deceptive on at&t's part. I found in the past with things like this if you can't find an explanation it's usually because it's something shady on at&t's part and does not benefit us (the consumer) at all.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@bruce6 wrote:

I would like to know exactly what this most recent "carrier update" (may-june 2017) from at&t cellular is for ???  

Post 15 has a little information (very little).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I did the update. Now I have battery issues. I went to the ATT store and was told all their stores received emails stating the updates were to include newer towers and to expect customers to come in complaining of battery strength issues and that these would get better over time. I don't know what to believe.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I did the update. Now I have battery issues. I went to the ATT store and was told all their stores received emails stating the updates were to include newer towers and to expect customers to come in complaining of battery strength issues and that these would get better over time. I don't know what to believe.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is there anyway to just stop the notifications without installing the update? I really don't want to jeopardize my phone with some ill-opened update that I don't understand, and the notifications are getting pretty annoying.

Guru

• 

382 Messages

7 years ago

He carrier settings update always works fine on Android.  Apple is garbage...that's why they only have 10% of the market....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have an iPhone 7, with AT&T as my carrier. However, the phone is under my daughters plan as it was a gift to me. Since the carrier update yesterday, I cannot make calls, and I cannot receive calls I can only text.  Has anyone else had this problem, if so what is the solution. I have started and restarted my phone twice, and checked all the settings, and it is still not allowing me to make calls, or receive calls 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Anthony.Dukes wrote:

He carrier settings update always works fine on Android.  Apple is garbage...that's why they only have 10% of the market....

Really, you think that's why? The carrier settings from AT&T?

It's kind of enough to make them one of the richest companies on the planet (I'm talking top 5, not top 100!). I think they were even the richest for a few days at some point, but that might have only been cash and not total value...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.