Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
1slyphantom's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 2:13 AM

Why is AT&T Locker being discontinued?

I love(d) AT&T Locker. I just recently renewed my service with AT&T without doing any shopping around largely because of access to AT&T Locker, one of the services I have come to depend on, which I just discovered was being discontinued. Naturally the guy at the AT&T store didn't mention a thing regarding this (im sure he had some idea of this given how much knowledge of the phones and network he did have). I want to know the reason for this, does it save AT&T a few pennies here and there or am I the only one out there that uses this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Auto backup

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Lori1928 wrote:
Auto backup

its redundant service.  And the fact ATT can save money by not having it.  Google drive is best if you have a android device.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Does this affect AT&T Messages/AT&T Messages Backup and Sync service? Does canceling my AT&T Locker service also remove my cloud-saved texts, or is each service a completely separate storage managed independently of each other?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@jamcat22 wrote:

Does this affect AT&T Messages/AT&T Messages Backup and Sync service? Does canceling my AT&T Locker service also remove my cloud-saved texts, or is each service a completely separate storage managed independently of each other?

2 separate services but I could see att getting rid of it in the future.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Well then hopefully they can push a carrier update or something for SMS/MMS over Wi-Fi Calling on iOS. It's extremely unreliable when trying to switch back and forth between cellular and Wi-Fi Calling, and it's the only reason I even have to use AT&T Messages at all.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@jamcat22 SMS and MMS messages work over wifi calling now. I've both sent and received on my iPhone 6s.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Why

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

It's a redundant storage when iCloud and Google are capable of the same function.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

7 years ago

@thegarydale  Google photo and google drive provide unlimited free storage.   It's automatic and works much better than the locker.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@1slyphantom wrote:
You are right that it makes sense not to depend on your current carrier for cloud service for the reason you posted, I have always been weary of doing so myself, 

I agree, this is why I tell people don't use the e-mail that a cell phone or internet provider gives you, it makes it harder to move away from them. 

I can't tell you how long people I know hung onto AOL accounts because that was the address everyone had, but they kept responding from that address so they kept getting writing to at that address...

Even though they were paying for cable internet, and saw that they were still stuck with AOL they'd start the same e-mail problem with their new internet provider's e-mail instead of using somewhere else. ARGH.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.