For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
kendron1908's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 11th, 2016 5:09 AM

RCS Support

Google Messenger on Android recently got the ability to support RCS via the app. I was wondering AT&T would enable the feature so I can enjoy it with my friends (who would also like AT&T to enable it if possible).

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Nope

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I agree, all of the carriers offer deals to be new subscribers and I have been with AT&T for years.

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

7 years ago

RCS is supported on the AT&T branded Note 8.

It's enabled in the IMS settings by default.

Just spent a few hours digging through the settings and it is in fact supported AND enabled by default. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@rjohnstone wrote:

RCS is supported on the AT&T branded Note 8.

It's enabled in the IMS settings by default.

Just spent a few hours digging through the settings and it is in fact supported AND enabled by default. 

all newer att phones support RCS but its ATT's form of RCS that works with samsungs built in messaging app.  Try using google messenger and you will find that it wont work with rcs....

Mentor

• 

37 Messages

7 years ago

AT&T is still operating on the pre-universal profile implementation, which defeats the main purpose of RCS today.

It's not their own version, but an older version.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I did the online help chat and they just added RCS to my account.  They promise it will work within 24 hours.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Just to be clear, even if AT&T adopts universal RCS, it won't be universal if Apple won't change their imessaging platform from proprietary to universal.  That means you still won't be able to have full messaging capabilities with your iphone buddies.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Still nothing from Att? I think I'm going to switch.. I can't even use my pixel 2 for rcs cause Att won't allow it.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Langertwo

as of right now the only carrier with true RCS support is Sprint..  ATT Verizon and Tmo have there own solutions in place.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Google has just made a big announcement that they've been working with carriers to roll out RCS Universal Profile. Universal Profile is key as it allows RCS messages across carriers. As of this message, over 55 carriers have rolled out or announced they are rolling out RCS UP. Sprint has already launched, and T-Mobile is launching second quarter of 2018. AT&T has not made ANY announcement about plans for RCS UP in the U.S. 

In my mind, there's really no reason not to switch to T-Mobile at this point. Their coverage has made great improvements, they seem very customer friendly, and they're slightly cheaper as well. Glad we have choices as consumers...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.