For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
blueiridescence's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 14th, 2018 4:32 AM

High Speed Data vs Data

I currently have a 30gig plan  but it doesn't say whether it is high speed or regular - I want to switch to a cheaper plan, but can't understand if I'd be in a better or worse position if I get the regular speed unlimited data. Please help 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@blueiridescence wrote:

I currently have a 30gig plan  but it doesn't say whether it is high speed or regular - I want to switch to a cheaper plan, but can't understand if I'd be in a better or worse position if I get the regular speed unlimited data. Please help 

High speed and regular are the same thing.

The only not full speed plan is the Unlimited CHOICE plan (or the unlimited prepaid plan).

Your 30GB plan goes ULTRA slow (like unbearably slow) after you hit 30GB.

ALL AT&T Unlimited plans, after 22GB for each individual line, are DEprioritized, which means if a tower is temporarily slowed down from being overloaded, you're served last; generally these slowdowns are temporary and often less than a second, some people have used over 1,000 GB of data and not been seriously impacted by this "limit".  (Competing companies also do something similar)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L wrote:

Not necessarily. OP could be on a MSV plan that charges overages.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@sandblaster wrote:

@Gary L wrote:

Not necessarily. OP could be on a MSV plan that charges overages.

That's very true, I suppose at some point they'd need to actually tell us what plan they have. They were asking about speed and the MSV 30GB plan doesn't change speed so it wasn't even in any thoughts (that was my oversight). 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.