For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Danib23's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, March 22nd, 2018 5:32 PM

Delayed replies on group text messages

I have an iPhone X and won’t receive message in a group until hours later. I have done all the trouble shooting online say to do to resolve this issue, but nothing has worked.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Did anyone get this issue fixed yet? I’m having the same issues. I have an ATT iPhone X and trying to send to 4 others who all have Verizon one of which has a Verizon Android phone the other 3 have iPhones. We are in the West Texas area. I’m so tired of my messages getting delayed. Something has got to be done about this!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

It seemed to have resolved itself when this was happening to me back in May.  It has just started happening again.  It seems that nobody (the major carriers) will claim responsibility for the issue.  They treat it as some enigma. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm having the same exact problem. I sent out a emergency group text message today to my family. I'm AT&T and they're Verizon. One person received a text 2 hours later. However, the other texts still haven't been delivered. This is crazy. Some are iPhone and some are Androids. The only common denominator is the network providers involved. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I'm not sure if it is the same problem, but my outgoing group messages today are delayed several hours if they get through at all.

I just called support and after troubleshooting for 30 minutes he told me that many people have called in today and AT&T has escalated the issue and they expect to have it resolved by Saturday or Sunday.

Very frustrating because I don't realize the person hasn't gotten the messages. I guess now I have to send a sms message to one person whenever I send a group message to see if the message got sent. Or maybe I'll just include my own number in all group texts. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am having the same issue. Please help me out. Delayed messages to multiple carriers and group messages. A lot of it is me to Verizon phones, all types. I use my phone allot and need this issue resolved immediately. Thank you 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I am having this issue as of 9/4/2018.  From my iphone/AT&T to two different androids on Verizon.  Picture texts are almost always delayed now and I've had a text messages delayed for 4-8 hours.  Very dangerous as I need to be able to communication with my son at all times.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have an iPhone 6SE and starting having this issue of delayed messages in my group chat of mixed iPhones/Samsung’s on the 5th. I’ve had issues in the past of receiving messages 12 late before, but this is the first time my own messages sent arrive late. It’s always random times and I can’t see any pattern. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Mine is also an iphone 6s but I don’t feel it’s the phone model…more a
problem on AT&T or Verizon’s side but I don’t know!

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Definitely a network issue and not a phone issue.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

suburb of Detroit, Michigan here (in reply to someone that asked early to see if it was regional or not).  You can see this thread goes all the way back to March 2018 and it's still happening.  It was a bit better in June/July, and now it's all starting back up again.  We are going to have to start using Messenger or What's App in my family if this doesn't get fixed.  It's been pretty clear from this thread that it's ATT (read back to the first page, people with only ATT service in the texts were having the issue, but not people with Verizon only), so those with ATT need to start complaining to them!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.