For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
JohnnyDoe's profile

Guru

• 

691 Messages

Wednesday, November 30th, 2016 4:44 PM

Data Limit(s) Reached - Unlimited Data or Mobile Share Advantage Plans

Just curious - how much (if any) does AT&T slow your connection down if you reach your data limits on the Unlimited Data Plan (after 22 GB usage) or any of the Mobile Share Advantage Plans. I know they have it specified in writing, but just wanting user experience / feedback on how much your data connection is really slowed down. Can you browse the internet much at all? Open emails? Use any music/video streaming service?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, I do have a FAN account.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

That's what I am hoping will happen. I stream everything to my apple TV> I use mobile hotspot to stream so obviously my data is high. But when I had the 6S phone I never had issues. I could stream 24/7 if I needed to and would never go over my data usage. But once I got the X I go over my data in one day. ONE DAY. That means 29 days of my plan is without getting able to stream. I spoke with at&t and they said with the X its faster so drains your data fast. I don't feel like this is an acceptable answer? I was like is this your way of getting people to pay more for internet? No answer on that. Anyway, I should of kept my 6S . I hope there is one day soon unlimited mobile hotspot. I feel like the money we spend on these phones and at&t next data should be all unlimited at this point

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

6 years ago

@pargir wrote:

That's what I am hoping will happen. I stream everything to my apple TV> I use mobile hotspot to stream so obviously my data is high. But when I had the 6S phone I never had issues. I could stream 24/7 if I needed to and would never go over my data usage. But once I got the X I go over my data in one day. ONE DAY. That means 29 days of my plan is without getting able to stream. I spoke with at&t and they said with the X its faster so drains your data fast. I don't feel like this is an acceptable answer? I was like is this your way of getting people to pay more for internet? No answer on that. Anyway, I should of kept my 6S . I hope there is one day soon unlimited mobile hotspot. I feel like the money we spend on these phones and at&t next data should be all unlimited at this point

@pargir

Your mobile hotspot on the phone is limited to 10 or 15 gigs.  Yeah, it could be used up in a day.   ATT does not intend cellular to be a replacement for home internet. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@pargir wrote:

That's what I am hoping will happen. I stream everything to my apple TV> I use mobile hotspot to stream so obviously my data is high. But when I had the 6S phone I never had issues. I could stream 24/7 if I needed to and would never go over my data usage. But once I got the X I go over my data in one day.

Did you just get the iPhone X?

Your plan has always included 10 or 15GB of mobile hotspot, but AT&T hasn't been properly enforcing it. They've just recently started.

Anyway, I should of kept my 6S .

If you're streaming TV via the hotspot, it wouldn't have made have a difference.  

I hope there is one day soon unlimited mobile hotspot.

As they just took away mobile hotspot devices that you could pay extra for, I doubt that will happen soon.

I feel like the money we spend on these phones and at&t next data should be all unlimited at this point

The cost of your phone is irrelevant, a $50.00 phone and a $1,000.00 phone all pay the same for internet access.

Some people don't even have unlimited data with their wired home internet, so I think your expectations might be high.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.