Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
berryice42's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 26th, 2019 4:32 PM

Closed

Can't send or receive MMS images while on WiFi

My husband and I both have brand new Samsung Note 10s. While on WiFi, I am not able to send or receive pictures but he is. Is there a setting on my phone that I can change or is my phone defective?

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I have had this problem multiple times on multiple Samsung phones, with ATT. I have fixed it once or twice but can't remember what the fix was ... it was a setting. However, when ATT does an update to my phone, they often break it and it has to be addressed again. It is extremely frustating and no one at ATT seems to have any idea how to fix it. All you have to do is disconnect from wifi and the pic will load. I think ATT wants u to use your data plan instead of wifi. Had a guy is an ATT store fix it the first time, years ago. Now they won't even help you.

I just got a new S20+ and it will not download a txt-ed pic if I am connected to wifi but ... if I have the ATT support group send me a small pic, I will get it ... go figure.

ATT ... please get someone that knows how your systems and these phones work, to address this. There are hundreds if not thousands of people with this problem.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have been experiencing the SAME issue for over a year and on both the s9 and now a brand new s10... most frustrating thing in the world.

Furthermore, my galaxy just has general internet issues when using wifi; pages load uber slow - some not at all ! - and i have to do connect from wifi to get anything to work, again, using data...

I.am going to cancel by end if August if this is not fixed...

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

So glad I found this thread. I never had this issue before (S7 Active) and now my husband and I upgrade to S20s. He is able to send/receive pictures/GIFs from me no problem. I cannot send pictures to him or receive them from him without kicking off of WiFi. I don't have this issue with anyone else in my contacts. I tried setting up WiFi calling, as someone else suggested, but it says to try again later. I could understand if we both had the same issue, but his phone works fine.

Teacher

• 

80 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue here. Wife has a Note 9 and I have a Note 20 Ultra. If either is on our wifi, MMS messages will not send. Take the phones off of wifi, no problems. 

I think it has something to do with Advanced Messaging. Advanced Messaging allows you to send large photos. While wifi is on, mobile data is turned off. I believe Advanced Messaging is looking for that mobile data connection to send and fails because of that.

What I've noticed while on wifi is if I send a photo that is say 1.7MB in size. It will sit there for about 10 seconds trying to send, and then the picture size is reduced to 300kb and sends, indicating that it failed back to normal old MMS.

Would be nice to have a fix. I guess you could disable Advanced Messaging and see if it helps.

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Good news. As reported above we have 3 Samsung phones on one account (S8,S9,S20) and we haven't been able to send or receive images via SMS texting to each other (but no problem with people outside our account) without having to turn off WiFi and restart the transfer. Multiple recent 611 calls to AT&T in which I explained that countless AT&T customers are having this problem and it needs to be resolved NOW resulted in it being fixed on our account with no configuration changes on our end. Hopefully it was a system-wide change, but if not relate my success story and demand they replicate it on your account.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I can't believe so many other people are dealing with this. There has to be a solution from AT&T. It annoys me that I have to shut off my Wi-Fi and use my data (I don't have unlimited) to send or even sometimes download texted image.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Wife and I have brand new note 20 ultras. Mms pics won't come in while on wifi. What is the solution AT&T? 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

SAME. BRAND NEW NOTE 20 ULTRA.! The (Edited per community guidelines) thing was so expensive and I'm having nothing but problems. With a 14 day return policy I'm about to return it and go back to my S7. Even with wifi off it took 20 mins to send a picture. We have the best internet Att offers and a signal booster. What else could we possibly do?? 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Go to settings, about phone, software info,and click build number multiple times until it shows developer options active, then go back to the main setting page go all the way down and select developer options, scroll down to networking and turn on the mobile data always on tab and see if that fixes the problem

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

The developer option to turn mobile data always on, didn't fix it for me. However, when I ask this issue a couple of years ago, I seem to remember it was a developer option that fixed it. Re-booting the phone after turning the option on didn't make any difference?

I may try calling 611 mentioned by someone else. It is sad that ATT refuses to participate in this discussion and/or fix.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.