Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
R

• 

17 Messages

Saturday, March 26th, 2022 9:00 PM

AT&T service not working for me.

I have Galaxy S9 with service through Comsumer Cellular. If I go to mobile network settings and set on 4G LTE, I can text and use data but cannot make or receive calls. If I switch to 3G only then I can make and receive calls but phone really slows down and can barely send a text with attachment. 

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Well this is strange but I got my Galaxy S7 that I was using until I got the S9. Put my sim from the 9 in the 7 and powered it up and received the text from Consumer Cell on the APN settings. I got 4G LTE and it is all working fine. My 7 has a setting for "Enhanced LTE" so I guess that may be the reason it's working. Looks like the 9 will take the place of the 7 in the drawer now.

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Well I'm still using my S7 and it's working fine. Consumer Cellular says AT&T is working on a solution to this problem but I really don't they are. Believe they could have figured this out by now !!

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

According to AT&T tech support, our Samsung Galaxy S9 series phones do not support the 5G environment, even though 5G is supposed to also support 4G, and according to Samsung, the S9 series supports 4G.  Thus, AT&T sold us new Samsung Galaxy S22 replacements to solve the problem.  We are still waiting for our new phones - which are rather expensive!  Rough way to get introduced to 5G!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

2 years ago

@rodrss

According to AT&T tech support, our Samsung Galaxy S9 series phones do not support the 5G environment,

The S9 series doesn't have 5g, but the correct models work fine with att LTE. 

even though 5G is supposed to also support 4G

Not how it works.  5g does not support 4g.  The new phones have LTE and 5g and support both.  Your older S9 didn't have 5g.  Some S9 models don't support At&t voice calls over LTE 

, and according to Samsung, the S9 series supports 4G. 

All new phones have hardware for 2g, 3g, 4g, LTE, and many have 5g as well

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Well all it would take, according to what I have read is for Samsung to put out an update to the S9 phones to solve the issue. But they say they are not going to support any model below a S10. I guess they want to sell new phones and this is like raising the price of gas to force you to buy an electric car.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

2 years ago

@rich3222

Not how any of this works. 

Samsung (every manufacturer) had to submit hardware and software for certification to at&t on any non AT&T phone.  Samsung isn't going to do that for every old phone when nearly all  phones in use are under 3 years old.  No manufacturer is going to spend time or money on old tech.  Not enough return. 

Updating software for AT&T compatibility was done on at&t phones all along, and going all the way back to the AT&T S4 mini are hardware and software compatible.  

5g is hardware.   No software update can enable non-existent hardware (but I'll assume you were not addressing the 5g issue) 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.