For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
rposen's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, May 4th, 2022 12:25 AM

CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]

I keep receiving CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003] when trying to access my ATT.net email on my work desktop.  It says I have tried to log in too many times.  I waited 24 hrs and still the same message.  I try "resetting" password and it asks me for my security questions.  I know these answers to the questions to be correct.  Then I receive the message "Hmm... that didn't work.  Check your entries and try again".  This occurs whether I enter via att.net, or yahoo (who I know disassociated from att.net), or the new att.cloud.  Of interest is that I receive my emails on my phone because it is never signed out, and I don't dare sign out for fear I will never see my emails again.  I do not have ATT internet or wifi or wireless or any other service.  But I have had this att.net email forever.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.  If it works, I owe you a 6-pack or more.

Bob

Tutor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

While I am having the same problem with one ATT email account , the other 5 ATT email accounts work fine.

The one I am having a problem with has been identified as being exposed on the dark web recently and has in the past been involved with numerous data breeches over the years.

My concern is that a bot is really trying to log into the account numerous times until the account locks.  I'm still looking into another solution, thus my interest into this thread.

Perhaps others in this thread have seen a pattern with their email being exposed.

Good luck to us all.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have been having the same issue for 3 months. I was tired of resetting my password all the time.  I called ATT yesterday and they finally admitted that it is on their end.  They will not tell you this unless you persist.  They said they cannot fix this problem and have been working on it for a few months.  They said it only affects laptops and desktops.  They have no idea when it will be fixed and have no work around.  They said I will have to collect my email on my iphone or ipad.  I asked to talk to a supervisor, but they told me the supv will tell me the same thing.  I would have never expected this from ATT.  They are turning into a terrible company.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Hi Bob.  Glad to see I'm not the only one...but sorry you are going through this as well.  This is the exact same scenario for my husband.  I've been on the phone with ATT nearly every day trying to get a resolution to no avail. To add to that, my husband has the verification code set up to go to my email for password recovery.  Since this is happening nearly every day now (it used to be periodically but is now almost constant!) we decided to have the verification code at least get sent to his cellphone instead.  But wouldn't you guess... IT TAKES 30 DAYS FOR THIS CHANGE TO TAKE EFFECT!  They have got to be kidding!  Technology???  Who ever heard that it could take 30 days to change how you receive your recovery verification code?   Crazy.  One of our phone contacts told us to clear our cache on the internet as the system may see the log in "errors" from past and assume that we have maxed out on our tries.  To me this made sense...but as you might imagine... it didn't work.  Last contact was with an ATT rep who said many people are having this problem from "real old accounts" and "they're working on it" and they will "escalate it".  In the meantime, they are constantly trying to get us to switch over to "fiber".  I finally told them "Why would I switch over to some other service offer by ATT when they can't even get my email straight?!"  Also, why are they pushing this "free fiber" so hard?  I suspect a scam that will end up costing us even more money.  I'm just about ready to pull the plug.  If you find a solution, I hope you update this forum as I will do the same.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I've had the same issue on both laptop and desktop for several months. I'm sick and tired of changing my password each time. Works just fine on iphone and tablet. Yahoo mail needs to get with the real world and take care of their customers. This is unacceptable.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I too am having this same issue at least once a week...randomly get thrown out of email and told to login again only to get error message saying I've tried to login too many times so have to change my password.  Then lets me reuse my same password plus have to login again on my other devices.  From the looks of the posts here there is no point in calling ATT.  I have also started receiving an extreme amount of Spam emails in my Inbox that never used to happen before.  Even sending them to Spam day after day after day, they still come to my email.  Solution- upgrade to the + account where you have to pay $5 more a month to not get Spam! I already pay $70 a month for my internet service that comes with email accounts and have been an ATT customer for over 15 years for both internet and cell, and used to have Direct TV.  Next step will be to just change providers and be done with all this nonsense.  After that you get the constant promotions to please come back! Over it!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Yup, same here and I am looking to change because this is a complete waste of time and it keeps happening on both my home computer and cell phone. Between the both I am spending about 500.00 a month so yeah either AT&T gets their crap together or I won't be the only one leaving at these prices. :{

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just spoke with Ashley at AT&T's Digiital Dept.  She says they are aware of the issue and are trying to fix it.  They do not have an ETA on the fix.  Takes over two months for a fix????

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Today for the first time I got a message:

Looks like you’ve tried to sign in unsuccessfully too many times. Recover your ID or reset your password to continue.

CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]
For the last 2 months;
Email connection constantly being dropped throughout the day. Then I only had to log back in. NOW I can't even do that.
Fed up with ATT, giving customers wrong info, making them believe s/he is to blame, not owning the problem their own system has.
A Sorry company

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

What I HATE THE MOST? I get kicked out of my email on my computer and I reset and then I GET KICKED OFF MY IPHONE EMAIL and here we go back and forth, back and forth. It's like playing tennis between my cell phone and computer. I think they better fix this soon and lose more customers.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have been getting the same error, for weeks now, I just realized that att has gone to another. I read it somewhere while trying to figure this out  and it is "currently.com" and the site is  "currently.att.yahoo.com" This helped me on my desktop.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.