For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
okimin's profile

• 

1 Message

Monday, February 7th, 2022 3:29 AM

Care Code 205.2 [LU003]

I have had this error code for FOUR MONTHS NOW.  I cannot access my account any of the ways AT&T suggested online.  How can I get AT&T to clear this  message?  How can I talk to a human?  Why won't this message clear away?  I have important info on this account, like my Apple password.  I need access to my account!

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I guess my next question is >>  for this obviously glaring issue with Code 205.2 LU003 -  is ANYONE with AT&T responding or willing to respond?  Are they actually people who deal with AT&T/YAHOO mail?  All I see here are questions - NO ANSWERS! ??

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

2 years ago

I just started having this problem this morning.  I could not get my email on my ipad.  I then went to my desktop and signed out of my email and tried to sign back in and got this message.  We need some help with this, please.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I SHOULD have come back and posted here ----  I 'fixed' it by changing my password.  My OLD pswd did not have the 'rules' applied of 'upper case, lower case, numbers', etc.  I changed to have all the upper, lower, numbers and it worked fine..  !  They could have told us that, but obviously no one cares....  

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Jimbob_NLR  I tried with numbers and upper/lowercase .  still  no fix.  have to change my password 5 times a day between my phone and desktop.   so sick of att, im done with their stupid email platform.

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

2 years ago

My password has upper, lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.  Still won't work.  I have tried changing it and still won't work.  Please someone refer this problem upward to ATT tech support.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Im done with at&t  sick and tired of this message.  And its apperant that no one gives a (Edited per community guidelines).  Ive been logged out five times today and had to reset my password five times.  Time to move on looking for other email providers ...  Any recomendations out there?
" Looks like you’ve tried to sign in unsuccessfully too many times. Recover your ID or reset your password to continue.
CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003] "

(edited)

• 

17 Messages

2 years ago

Apparently the only way to fix this is to call AT&T and have them "resync" your account.  Some users are reporting tech support will do that for them and others are being told there's nothing wrong with the system and the user has just logged in too many times.  At this point I'm permanently locked out of my account.  I was able to use my cell phone number to receive a verification code, but now that doesn't even work... I get a message telling me "Something went wrong..." on my desktop when I input my number and I receive nothing. There's no excuse for this to have gone on for so long.  If you do a search for this care code in the Community Forum you'll see there are countless postings from people for the last year dealing with this issue.  AT&T responds with the same old "how to reset your password" automated post and ignores the problem.  I have 25 years worth of emails on my Yahoo/AT&T account.  If I can get back into my account I'm going to immediately export my contacts and info to Gmail, and I encourage others to do the same.  There's absolutely no excuse for a company to be as incredibly negligent as AT&T has been in addressing this issue.  They clearly couldn't care less.

(edited)

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

2 years ago

I rebooted my pc and then tried changing my password and I actually put the password back to the original one and it worked.  I'm sorry for all your problems.  If I were you I would make a FCC complaint and you should get results from that.

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

I've been having the same problem for months. iPad and iPhone seem to stay connected to my att email fine. My desktop and laptop both lose connection after a few days of not checking email. Trying to log back in always gives me the Care Code 205.2 [LU003] error message. Calling ATT customer service each time to fix it is a time consuming pain. Going through the password update process and then updating each device with the new password is a pain.   For all the ATT customers with this same problem, ATT seems to not care at all. My guess is that they want everyone to just do away with their ATT email so they have one less thing to manage.  But seems like a bad business decision on their part. Once I totally migrate away from my ATT email, I have a much easier path to switch internet/cellular service from ATT.

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

2 years ago

If everyone who is having this problem just to to the https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us website and register a complaint about AT&T and the problem, maybe, just maybe, will get fixed.  This has been going on for months/years.  I am retired telco and do realize that this is the only way things eventually get fixed or at least you will get a response quicker than on this forum.  It is much easier than calling support and having to go through all the protocols (for 2 hours) to get to someone who can actually resync your account.  You will get the explanation about how all these hackers are trying to get into your account, hence the too many unsuccessful tries to login.  Remember, the squeaky oil get the grease!  Squeak loudly!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.