For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
jatyler's profile

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, July 6th, 2022 1:54 PM

ATT.net Email connectivity issues

This problem is apparently widespread and ATT is doing nothing to fix it. I cannot use my att.net email on my home/work laptop because it is completely unreliable. It either won't connect for hours on end or once it finally does connect, the connection is severed: red alert/warning pop-up says No Internet Connection which is blatantly untrue because I can access countless other sites and the signal is fine. I have just written a long work email and the signal drops, the email is lost; I can't even go to drafts to copy it and send from Gmail. This problem is with ATT/Yahoo, mail.yahoo.com.

The problem is not with my laptop. I have checked firewalls (that wouldn't be the problem because eventually it connects), I have cleared cache and cookies; I have used other browsers. Nothing fixes the problem! I have spent an hour on the phone with ATT Tech support and no fix. The problem is not with my internet connection, the problem is with mail.yahoo.com.

The problem is with ATT/Yahoo, not my laptop. ATT is doing nothing to fix the problem!

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

@tonydi  Thanks for linking to this post a few days ago from the post where @ciencio  was having TB setup issues.

I was attempting to setup with all the IMAP settings that you showed above, with the exception of the OAuth2.  It wasn't showing up in my drop-down list.  With your tip above I was able to get that option to show up after using Authentication Method = Autodetect first for the Re-test.   After the Re-test was successful, then OAuth2 became an option and I was able to successfully setup my AT&T account in TB.

Thanks again!

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Works great.  Have all of my e mails on Thunderbird.  Thanks.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I appreciate the information that y'all have provided, but I am still not getting past authentication.  IMAP incoming server is not a selection.  I can only use POP3.  I am trying to use pop.mail.yahoo.com.  I have no success with using the SMTP side.  That may be because of the wait til the cows come home to login to the inbox.  The web browser appears to be the only option.  Prior to retiring I wrote an automated email client and actually read and used the imap and smtp specifications to write the code.  I may have to see if I can write something in python.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

I don't know what to tell you, @hewscsi .  I just tested it here using the instructions I posted above and it worked perfectly.  The keys were to do a manual install, choose POP3 and OAuth2 and use the POP3 yahoo.com servers/ports.

Once I clicked Done on this page I was directed to the AT&T login page.  Entered my credentials and I was in.   If you go to www.currently.com  and use your credentials to log in, they work there, right?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.