Updating your Security Questions and Wireless Number on your account
Updating your Security Questions and Wireless Number on your Account
Making sure your account is up to date is important for your security and getting access back into your account if you forget your password.
- It’s a good idea to update your security questions and answers frequently to keep your account secure.
- If you forget your password, you can sign in by answering your security questions or resetting the password using your wireless number.
To tie your wireless number for password resets:
- Go to Profile > Contact info.
- If you have more than one account, select the account to update from the dropdown at the top.
- Select the Phone tab.
- In the Billing phone numbers section, select Edit.
- In the Primary number field, enter your wireless number.
- Check the box to Use this number to recover your AT&T access ID or reset your password.
- Select Save.
- Complete any confirmation sent to your wireless number within 24 hours.
Note: Not an AT&T wireless number? Text message rates and other charges may apply. Check with your plan and provider.
To update your security questions:
- Go to Profile > Sign in information.
- In the Online security questions section, select Change security questions.
- Complete and save your security questions and answers.
Have a free email?
Visit our Wireless Number Reset page. Scroll down to learn how to add a wireless number to a free account.
30-day waiting period for help with password reset. AT&T will keep your wireless number on file for 30 days to prevent unauthorized access to your account. After the 30 day validation period, you can use your wireless number as a password retrieval method.
David, AT&T Community Specialist