For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
plainsfamily's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 12:58 AM

Setting up a sub account in email

I am trying to set up a sub account in email and am unable to do so.  I tried following the support instructions, but it says to access Manage Sub Accounts when you hover over the Profile button.  When I hover over the Profile button, there is no option for Manage Sub Accounts.  Is there another way to create a sub account?  Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

My att.net email account is 20 years old, and has passed through several administrators. Since I am not an actual att account holder other than using the att.net email domain name (which is now being pseudo managed by yahoo), I think I have been grandfathered in to the current system, and am subject to certain limitation, such as not being able to create any more sub accounts.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the exact same problem. I am using the AT&T main account holder ID. When I hit save, it goes back to the top of the screen. Cleared the cookies and cache multiple times. Logged in and out multiple times too. Still won't save the email address I am attempting to create!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I am trying to add a sub-account to my main AT&T user account. I have done this before with no problem. I fill in all the requested text boxes and when I hit save, it goes back to the top of the page. Nothing is highlighted as if I missed anything, but it will not save. 

I have already cleared cookies and my cache multiple times. I have also logged in and out a couple of times as well as trying Chrome and IE. I've also tried to do this on the Chrome browser on my phone. I'm pretty sure there is an issue with AT&T's site because I am not the only person with this issue. 

I have 14 sub-accounts available to me on my account as well. I'd like to utilize what I pay for!

It would be really great if someone could help. I've been trying to get help on this issue for the past week now. 

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

7 years ago

Did you get an answer?

I sure could use one too 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Ditto here too.  I have two subs and wanted a third.  It will not allow me to complete the addition.  At&t, any help here?  I can't even access the chat!!!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

The ability to add a sub-account still is not working - as of 3:00 PM PDT on February 27th...

I know I'm not the only one having this problem...

Hey AT&T...get your act together and fix this problem!!

Calling for technical support is a waste of time!! You will likely get the run-around like I and others have got, ending up xxxxxx-off and with no solution to your problem...

This is how AT&T treats users - and for me that is absolutely unacceptable!!

Community Support

• 

231.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Nails918,

Sorry to read of the trouble you are having. You may need to update your browser to the latest version. Functionality of web mail is dependent on the browser. Also, have you attempted using another browser? Have you cleared cache and cookies?

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

I run both Firefox and Opera, and they are the latest versions. The
problem is not with my computer. The problem is with AT&T. Plus the fact
that others are having the same problem. I rest my case!

Community Support

• 

231.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

Do you have any sub-accounts created right now? If so, you may not have an option to create another one, since there is a limit. We have worked with others having this issue, and usually, by just changing to a different device, they were able to get a sub-account created.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

The ability to add a sub email account is not working!! if you doubt what I'm saying, hop on a plane for Los Angeles, come to my house and see for yourself what the problem is that I'm experiencing - which is as I described in my post...

I tried again today, and now it's telling me it can't add a sub email account due to system maintenance - makes me wonder what kind of xxxx excuse I'll get if I try later or try tomorrow???

Let's get real here - the problem is with AT&T. Not with my computer, browser, or internet connection. Again, if you doubt what I'm saying, hop on a plane for Los Angeles, come to my house, and see for yourself...

I know you can't do that, but I make that statement to prove I'm not making this problem up. I know others are having the same exact problem...

Obviously AT&T doesn't give a xxxx about users! Calling Tech Support is a joke. I did that the other day, and the person I spoke to told me it takes at least 24 hours for a new sub email account to get activated. Furthermore this person told me I would get a confirmation email when it had been activated. I never received any conformation email as I was told I would. Obviously this persom (in India) didn't know what they were doing, so just gave me some canned answer that was of no use, and in fact was worthless...

I've been patient, but not anymore!

Somebody at AT&T needs to get up off their xxx and fix this problem!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.