For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
PeteWashington's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, January 19th, 2018 3:38 AM

inbound.att.net is not responding

I have a ATT/Yahoo email address. The inbound.att.net server is not responding. I have tried pinging it with 3rd party connection sites (is it down and web site down) neither can connect to it. Is it down says that it may be down for a week. Any one know what the problem might be.

Thanks

Pete 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I have an update:  I'm still using pop.mail.yahoo.com but my sub email accounts stopped working today. The master was OK.  To remedy that, I recall some time ago that ATT Tech Support stating that every once in a while one should access their email via the ATT/Yahoo web mail interface and do a couple of  send and receive of emails between the sub email addresses under the master email address for the account. Has something to do with security.  I had to do that today with 2 sub email addresses under my master address to get everything working today. Wife was not happy but all is well again and no intermittent issues with email under the pop.mail.yahoo.com server address unlike the inbound.att.net server address.  

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the update. I don't want to be messing around with things
like you just did.

My recollection is that inbound.att.net is supposed to be the most
reliable server address so, thus far at least, I'm sticking with it.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

I understand 100%.  Definitely go with what works.  For me it's just the opposite, at least for now as a work around to my intermittent issues with inbound.att.net.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

All,

I have another update.  I'm still having intermittent trouble with my POP inbound.att.net email server address. 

But I'm happy to report that I've had good success with pop.mail.yahoo.com for a couple of weeks.  Also, I'm happy to report that I have had good success with these incoming email server addresses:

legacy.pop.mail.yahoo.com

pop.att.yahoo.com

SSL and port settings remain the same as inbound.att.net.  Your current email password will work the same as well.

I never knew that these server addresses existed but a little googling found them and I verified them as being live with ping tests and email send/receive tests. There may be more. I'll keep you posted.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I am also still have outages with inbound.att.net. It is amazing
to me that AT&T is being non-responsive to this widely reported problem
with their server(s).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I had used my legacy sbcglobal.net e-mail address in conjunction with Outlook 2010 without issue (for many years) until Mon., July 23rd (error message reads: "Your e-mail server rejected your login.")... Is it safe to assume my issue is related to the thread above? Welcome any guidance.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

Don't think so. Your msg indicates the server is talking.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

You probably need to convert your password to the new AT&T standards.
This information should be available somewhere on the their web site.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

@beckyww

@_xyzzy_

@mamitche

The solution offered by _xyzzy_ to the problem reported by mamitche (Jul 30, 2018 7:01 PM) does not solve the intermittent access problem that was the origin of the "inbound.att.net is not responding" thread.  Designating _xyzzy_ 's post as the solution to this thread is not warranted.  The intermittent access problem still exists.  Please remove the "Solution" designation.

I have been using Secure Mail Keys in Pegasus Mail for my e-mail accounts (two ATT.net and one SBCglobal.net) since 01 Apr 2018.  Even so, as I previously reported (Feb 28, 2018 9:37 AM), sometimes it still takes two or three attempts to access and continue to work without issue.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

6 years ago

Yes, I agree.

Please remove the "solution" tag as the tag will just allow AT&T to
ignore the problem even more than it already has.

Thanks!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.