For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
JJL111's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 11:23 PM

email sent folder shows all from: "me"

In my 'sent' emails - all show from 'me'.

Used to show to whom sent = better info.

Tried the 'view' option = no 'to whom' sent option.

Thanks, John

Mentor

• 

78 Messages

10 years ago

Again----

I have tried to switch to basic the stupid system will not retain the setting - I click save and the next time I go into this I have to do it again!!!!!!  And Again...And Again.... And Again....

I have tried to uncheck the enable converstion- then It will not let me do a reply to any message....

I also have tried to adjust my signature and it keeps reseting itself and putting multiple spaces between the lines...

This is Firefox as a browser - With Yahoo being so big I would think they could do much better that this horrible excuse for an email setup. 

Scholar

• 

287 Messages

10 years ago

@stitchnkitty wrote:

Again----

I have tried to switch to basic the stupid system will not retain the setting - I click save and the next time I go into this I have to do it again!!!!!!  And Again...And Again.... And Again....

I have the same problem -- I cannot get the stupid application to stay in Basic mode.

Scholar

• 

287 Messages

10 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Try changing your Sent folder view settings: Go to Sent - View - Sort By - Recipient. Please let us know if that works.

Well, it does sort by recipient but that doesn't really help.   I want it to sort by Date Descending and display the Addressee -- you know the way that every e-mail program on the planet does (and that includes BTW gMail).  

I do not want to disable conversations for all the other folders where they are quite useful.  I just want a usable SENT folder.

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

k9jdk  - Thanks for the better suggestion than mine: 

Switching to Basic isn't the only way to fix the "Me" problem, unless you want to lose other features.

Uncheck "Enable Conversations" in settings.  No more "Me" in the sent folder.

Worked for me.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

what am I doing wrong?  I view my email using the browser-based AT&T Yahoo Mail.

When I go to look in my 'Sent email' folder....I would like to see, at a glance, to whom the sent email was sent....I can assume that it was "Me" who sent the email ...

If there has been no reply to my sent email...only "me" is displayed in the list view within the "Sent email" folder.  

Isn't it obvious that the sender would be "Me" and wouldn't that be an unnecessary bit of information to flood the "Sent email" folder?  

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

10 years ago

As I said....I assume I am doing something wrong.  But, am also wondering why the 'default' setting would be like this.  please help.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

I, too, found that changing to Basic did show WHO I sent the email to and not just showing "ME".... but my Basic selection won't "stick" and changes back to the NEW awful email format. Why in the world would these att.net yahoo mail techs creating a so-called better email software think that we need to see ME in sent mail folder instead WHO we sent the email to??? Very annoying.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

new email does not work   I have 3 email accounts.  two I cannot  sort by sender one workes  the same two sent mail shows as me  the other one works. If I go back to basic the work.  What 's up   The new email is junk  do not  roll it out  until it  works 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have the same problem on two of my email accounts but the third works fine. ATT / Yahoo you are so messed up!!!

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Please check a better solution on your "advanced em' -

Switching to Basic isn't the only way to fix the "Me" problem, unless you want to lose other features.
?
Uncheck "Enable Conversations" in settings.? No more "Me" in the sent folder.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.