Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Protect yourself online
_xyzzy_'s profile

Expert

• 

15K Messages

Tuesday, July 10th, 2018 10:16 PM

Basic vs. Full Featured att/yahoo webmail

A number of threads have been asking about "Basic" webmail.   Switching from full featured to basic does not affect your email.  You still have the same account(s), mail boxes, and the contents of those mailboxes.  The only thing that changes is how it is presented on the webpage and some features that are only provided in the full featured version. 

I did some searching and found what features you "lose" in the basic version.  They are,

• Formatting toolbar
  • Photo Slideshow
  • Yahoo Messenger
  • Notepad (basic has a notepad)
  • Themes
  • Gifs
  • Newsfeed
  • Filters

Also missing is the account specific settings like specifying a sending name and reply-to email address.  That and filters could be important to some users.

Another concern I am not sure of at this point, it may be that you cannot use IMAP in email clients due to the strange "POP & Forwarding" option called "Access Yahoo Mail via POP".  I haven't tested this out.  You wouldn't think a email client app would care about what options are in the webmail but why have an option like "Access Yahoo Mail via POP"?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Re: Basic vs Full Featured ATT/Yahoo Web Mail

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@maryfr1 said:

GC causing problems with my email account and my Facebook account. I uninstalled Firefox but did not help. GC is my current browser

GC?  You mean Google Chrome?  Make sure you  are using the latest version since I think the webmail checks for a certain minimum version of Chrome to use the "new" (was called "full featured") webmail.  And why would you think uninstalling Firefox would have any effect on Chrome?  They are entirely two distinct browsers that have absolutely nothing to do with each other nor affect one another.  Actually you should keep it around to compare behaviors between the two different browsers when some page (not just webmail) doesn't act as expected.

Also note, updating a browser, any browser, only updates the browser code, not its data.  You continue to use the same data with the update.  If it didn't do that you would lose all your settings, bookmarks, cookies, etc. every time you updated.  The browsers even supply a setting for auto updating if you prefer that kind of thing.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.