For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 3:56 PM

Closed

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Ugh!

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

TO EVERYONE ON HERE:

As someone who worked for AT&T for many, many, many years going back to before divestiture, I can tell you that this forum is nothing more than a place for customers to vent their complaints and frustrations. No problems will get resolved. If you’re able to accept that fact then your frustration level on this site will be a little less. The phrase “It is what it is” perfectly describes AT&T and most big companies today. You can take it or leave it, none of them care!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Good to know.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I get my Yahoo mail through ATT.  I hate to sign in several times just to get to my mail. And sometimes I have to go through the "I Am Not A Robot" routine just to get in. It is so frustrating.

The last time you had an update, I lost all my Yahoo Mail Folders, and my contacts on the address book. I had a lot of information in my folders and I have no idea what I lost.

The other thing I hate is all that SPAM. 25% is legitimate mail, the other 75% is all spam--including ads for Russian  ladies of the night (I had to go to my settings to block those).

I certainly hope this "NEW" update is simple, error free, and helpful to us the people...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

When are we going to be able to use secure complex passwords so we are not hacked again? Using only numbers and letters if very 1999 - I need a partner that will provide this. What are your plans for password complexity?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

this site is a waste of time.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

So, this phrase at the bottom of each of our posts, is meaningless:

Your help is what makes our community such a great resource. We couldn't do it without you!
Thanks for choosing us,

AT&T

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

Please let me know when you get a “personal” email response from Randall, CEO at AT&T. I won’t be holding my breath waiting, however. Lol

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I cannot wait to drop AT&T like a bad habit when their competitor runs fiber through our neighborhood. Been paying $60 a month for DSL becubec there were no other options. AT&T ran fiber to a development just miles from our neighborhood and wouldn't bring it to us. Counting down the days!

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

6 years ago

I just wish the IMAP servers would stop failing.  Over the past 10 days (about Sept 7 through today), I have been unable to access email from phone, tablet or Thunderbird multiple, multiple times -- in the past 24 hours, I was unable to access from around 3 p.m. yesterday until tonight around 9 p.m. Fortunately the web console is fine. And I would really like more control over the spam settings.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.