For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Tgrimm7929's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 9:52 PM

Wifi problems

So about a month ago i started having problems connecting to my wifi. so i updated everything on my computer and was troubleshooting with acer support (my laptop is an acer aspire V) nothing was working so i decided to send it in to be repared. it got back today and on the service report it said "Softloaded unit, wireless connects to internet normally, updated bios, diagnostics pass." (that means there was nothing wrong with the computer) but.... when i tried to connect it to the wifi at my house, it would not connect. it will also connect to other Wifi connections tho. so that kinda makes me think that it is the Wifi itself.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @Tgrimm7929 

Sorry to hear about your Wi-Fi service not working correctly but, we'll be glad to help you. First, are you noticing connectivity issues with just the Acer laptop or are all your devices (Smartphone/tablet, Smart TV/Roku/Apple TV, Game consoles, etc.) not seeing the network? I would recommend performing a quick power cycle to your U-verse gateway by unplugging it for 10 seconds then replugging it to see if that helps. Also, definitely take a look at these two articles (here and here) to ensure that your gateway is not in a harmful environmnent and that you're getting the most out of your service. I hope this helps! 🙂

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@Tgrimm7929 wrote:

So about a month ago i started having problems connecting to my wifi. so i updated everything on my computer and was troubleshooting with acer support (my laptop is an acer aspire V) nothing was working so i decided to send it in to be repared. it got back today and on the service report it said "Softloaded unit, wireless connects to internet normally, updated bios, diagnostics pass." (that means there was nothing wrong with the computer) but.... when i tried to connect it to the wifi at my house, it would not connect. it will also connect to other Wifi connections tho. so that kinda makes me think that it is the Wifi itself.

Do you see your wireless network as a choice?  What RG do you have? Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It shows I have wifi but when I go to download the new software on my phone it says I'm not connected to wifi

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Do u know why this is happening and what I can do to fix it

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My home wifi network name will not accept my password that ATT Tech gave me

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

No it just started happening I put in the correct password and the message says unble to connect

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.