Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
farmerttt's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, October 11th, 2014 7:01 PM

need WPA security passphrase

my HP officejet 4500 wireless is calling for the WPA security passphrase. Neither the Uverse wireless nework key nor the access code works.  how to find Wpa passphrase?  thanks

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

10 years ago

@farmerttt the WPA security passphrase would be the Wireless network key, make sure that its being entered in correctly. Also if  you had the network key changed to a customized wifi password then you would need to enter that in instead.

If unsure if it is customer, try taking a wireless device never connected to your wireless and see if the Wireless network key works, if it doesnt then its customized.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

10 years ago

You should be able to go to the configuration page for your residential gateway by entering its address (usually 192.168.1.254) into your browser's address field. That will let you view or change the WPA security passphrase. (You may have to enter the password for the RG itself.)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

thanks. got it now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

No it doesn't....Manage wi-fi does not display SSID..... Security key.... Network key. Neither does the IP address. I have a Chromebook and At&t wifi. It's not on the router either. None of the stickers have it. The password to log in to my wifi, yes, but no passphrase by any name...
Log into my router???? Huh? I keep reading this everywhere....I'm not an At&t tech. I didn't set up my router....And calling At&t tech support is a joke. They're clueless and insist it's ur password to login. Trained monkeys listen better. They kept correcting me when I said "passphrase"...U mean u forgot your password....NOOOOOOOO....Ugh, Nvrmnd

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

No it doesn't

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Where can i find my wpa2vpassphase

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The passphrase is the Device Access Code located on the AT&T internet modem.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The passphrase is the Device Access Code located on the AT&T internet modem

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

The Passphrase is located on the AT&T modem.  It's the Device Access Code located on the side of the modem in black and white print

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.