Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
jflo200's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 23rd, 2018 11:29 PM

I'm trying to change the wi-fi password on my Arris VAP2500

I have an Arris VAP2500. I'm trying to change the wi-fi password. When I attempt to do so, it is asking me for the device access code. There is only 1 sticker on the main device and there is nothing on there indicating what the device access code is. How do I get past this? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

FYI the VAP2500 is the WAP (little box) ethernet connected to your gateway used only for communicating with the att wireless receivers.  It is the gateway the WAP is connected to you should be looking at.  The gateway should have a label stuck on it which includes the default wifi password and access point password.   If the label is missing then you should get a replacement gateway (call tech support, 800-288-2020) because I don't think there's any way of determining it from the "outside" (i.e., att's end).

In the gateway, when you reach the page where it asks for the access code doesn't it show bullets for the access code and a button to use the default?  My NVG599 does.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Duh! I figured there was a separate box but it was in a different room. Haha. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I got it now. Take care

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My first comment about the VAP2500 is that I think it's a ---! Now for my question as it seems I can't get a warm body with AT&T to talk to about it.  This router works for the TV's and even my internet service but just recently it isn't working with my wireless printer or with Smart TV services like NetFlix.  I tried resetting it using the WPS button several times, and even initiated the reset button on the back of the box, but it still isn't pairing with my printer. I even totally reset my internet services but no go.  Anyone else having these issues or have a solution? Thanks.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Don't confuse the WAP only used to communicate with att wireless receivers with all your other wifi devices.  All other wifi devices communicate with your gateway (router/modem), i.e., the box that WAP is plugged into.  Unless you changed them (and you can if you wish but that's off topic) you should be using the wifi ssid (network name) and password displayed on a label stuck on the side of your gateway.  Use that information to set up your wifi devices.

Update - I just realized I said all this in post 2.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.