Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
charmingsandra's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, July 11th, 2015 12:32 PM

I forgot my WIFI password. How can I get it?

I forgot my WIFI password. How can I get it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Look on the label on the RG.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

What is the "RG"?

Scholar

• 

168 Messages

8 years ago

It's the modem/router. The Arris, 2Wire, Pace or Motorola Black Box that stands up vertically. Not your TV Box.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I figured it out. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I think it was changed and I don't know it

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

i need help in finding or resetting my wifi password

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

8 years ago

@cathystinson, you have made a post an a public forum provided for AT&T users to communicate with other AT&T users. You should not post your phone nmber or any identifying or private information such as your account number in such a forum. While AT&T employees do look at forum posts from time to time, you should have no expectation that any particular action will come from such a post (e.g. a phone call).

After reading below, you should instead click this U-verse Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this site, next to your avatar and name) in a business day or three. You can speed things up by including your name, Billing Account Number and the best way and time to reach you.

BUT, before you do that, there are two or three ways to see your Wi-Fi password without asking AT&T:

1) Connect to your Gateway at http://192.168.1.254/ . On my Gateway, it shows under Wireless, Network key on the main page.  On other Gateways, you may have to wander around to see it.

2) Log on at http://ufix.att.com , and you'll find it there labeled "Wi-Fi Password*"

3) If it hasn't been changed, then it is on the sticker on the side of the Gateway.  My sticker says "Wireless Network Key".

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

There is no label

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

7 years ago

Unless you have a 38HG, then there was a label on it when it was shipped out.  If you have a 38HG, then proceed to where the power supply/BBS unit is inside your home that supplies power for the iNID on the outside of your house.  Look on it, the label should be there.

In any case, you don't need the label to do #1 or #2.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I changed my wifi name and password .now I accidentally erased it from my cell phone which is the only device I had set up. I can't remember the password. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.