Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help with your equipment?
hereismoe's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 8:46 PM

Cannot Port Forward by Opening Port 443 for UPnP for MyCloud from Western Digital

In remote environment, need to use MacBook to access files in my MyCloud from Western Digital. To do so, I created two (2) NAT/Gaming Services for port 80 and 443. Port 80 created and tested to be open using YouGetSignal.com. When testing with  YouGetSignal.com and other port checkers Port 443 remains closed. Please help by informing me the Procedure to open Port 443 on Arris NVG589.  Attached screen shot for NAT/Gamin Services for the ports in reference. ThanksScreen Shot 2016-08-30 at 4.41.46 PM.png

1 Attachment

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

8 years ago

Do you have Uverse wireless receiver(s) with Uverse Wireless Access Point (WAP)?

If so, the WAP uses port 443 for ATT management of wireless equipment.

You will either need to use a different port

OR buy a block of static IPs, $15 per month for 8, 5 usable.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@hereismoe   Can't UPnP on any Uverse RGs, it's an unsecure connection system.

Others are connecting their My Clouds to a 5 port Gigabit switches to the RG and everything can access it.  No RG GUI changes needed.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Third-Party-Devices/Problem-Connecting-WD-My-cloud-Hard-drive-to-the-U-Verse-router/m-p/4888134#M6697

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for quick response. Do you mean the Wireles STB? Do not have, used wired STBs. On the RG Arris NVG589 the wireless feature (WAP) is turned-on. If I turned off the WAP will port 443 become available? Thanks 2x.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. The MyCloud drive is already ethernet to a Netgear ProSafe 8 port Gigabit Switch to the RG Arris RGNVG589. I can access the MyCloud drive when I am in my home network, but when I am remote, say Starbucks, cannot access the drive via Finder (kinda of like Windows Explorer). According to WD Tech support ports 80 and 443 must be open in order to mount the drive to find in Finder.The only way remotely to access the drive is through WD MyCloud App and the only way to work with files is to download to the local machine, work on it then up load that change file through the WD MyCloud App. This I find cubersome as if you need to work with 20 files, these files need to be downloaded. When I explained to WD Tech support they suggested to open ports 80 and 443 to be able to mount from remote sites. Thanks 2x.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.