For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
evrlast985's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, October 18th, 2012 7:05 PM

AT&T is BLOCKING my site hosted by GoDaddy.com

my website GoBanter.com is hosted through godaddy and I have not been able to access it from any computer at my office and at my house where I have AT&T cable service. Spoke with GoDaddy customer service and they are reporting that it is a problem they are working on fixing with AT&T. 

Can AT&T block certain websites arbitrarily, is this an example of censorship like what they have in China?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I am having the same issue.  Hosting my site through GoDaddy and cannot access my site on ATT or 4g cellular service.  Please help!

IP  23.229.142.226

jatihome.com

Can anyone verify that this site does not work with ATT?  Want to make sure its not an issue with my computer?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I'm having the same problem with my hosting site FREETZI.com, and I previously had the same issue with 000webhost.com.

AT&T tech support is denying that they have anything to do with it:

"There seems to be no issue with the AT&T network as the trace routes results shows upto 5 hops. I request you to contact the hosting site to fix this issue."

Mentor

• 

91 Messages

10 years ago

Works fine on my Uverse

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have searched on this forum and compared the reviews of top web hosts of Godaddy, Bluehost, Hostgator... and found that most users have problem with Godaddy. I'm going to start my website using one the CMSs of Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla and I'm not sure which web host to choose. Since I'm on a tight budget I prefer Godaddy because they offer cheap web hosting and domain registration services with month o month payment options. But on this forum I see many people complain about this company and I this makes me confused. One of the most surprising things with Godaddy is this fact that many pages regarding AT&T on Godaddy redirect you to other websites!

For exapmle:

AT&T Unite Mi-Fi | AT&T Alpena

At&t Support - USPC Experts

Now I'm thinking of another company to host my website.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Our site has been blocked for a few days now.

www.himalaya-soft.com

all att wireless and att u-verse users are affected.

(1) the site works for all non-att users, in the US or world wide

(2) site block at home using att u-verse

(3) site block at work using att

(4) site NOT block at home using VPN into another network.

Should not there be a due process for appealing the block. Is this a freedom of speech issue.

Can someone kindly point to to whom I should ask a review of the blocking? Thank you.

(1) already live chat with support

(2) talked some one from India

(3) my site hoting company iPage.com tell me it is ATT jusging by tracert

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @wveheatin,

We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to get this corrected.

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Me too, my website www.rmforbes.net is hosted on Go Daddy and has not been available on my home computer for almost a week now. This is nonsense.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

6 years ago

The joys of shared hosting, when your IP address is used by dozens of other customers, some of which do things they should not.

Associated Member

• 

248 Messages

6 years ago

Its due to how godaddy hosts multiple webpages on the same IP, if one of those pages is blocked, then all of the pages on that IP are blocked. There's no way to differentiate between them as the DNS query info isn't used for anything more then name resolution

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

My website has it's own static IP address. Do you understand how hosting
actually works?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.