For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Emuhleigh's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, April 13th, 2016 8:26 PM

Am I able to get U-verse down a private road?

I've been using Hughesnet now for a few years because that's the only internet service that's been avalible in my area. Recently, I checked back with At&t and their coverage map says I'm able to get U-verse at my address. How accurate is this? I live down a mile long private road and it seems too good to be true lol.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you for your response! I do have an at&t phone landline. Does that make a difference at all?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@Emuhleigh - The problem is copper distance. You just cannot go that far on copper.It probably green lighted you without considering the length of your access road.

This equipment has always fascinated me - http://www.ccrane.com/WiFi-Antennas/Long-Range-WiFi-Bridge-System

It says you can go three miles electronically, but it does have problems.

It would be internet or TV only not both.

You need to get att to agree to connect at the street & you need power at the street

You must have line of site

Very expensive. I first thought it included the "best" antenna, but I see you need to buy the antennas seperately.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

I just wanted to update! The tech confirmed it, we are over a mile away from the VRAD. He said this was EXTREMELY good considering how far we were. I am so happy so finally be able to say goodbye to satellite internet!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.