Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help with your equipment?
danp13's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, September 10th, 2016 3:10 AM

After tech visit with no Uverse internet connection, now we have constant buffering issues, HELP!!!

We use our 18mb uVerse to watch IPTV, but even youtube buffers constantly. This has not happened the last 4 years. HELP!!! A tech had to come after our neighbor had his uVerse installed our went down.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I also read something about disabling ipv6, but is this done within the router settings and then separately on the control panel through the network? I tried this last night with no succuess, but then I checked again this morning and everything works as it should. Does it just take a while to kick in or why didn't it work right away after I shut ipv6 off?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@danp13   Make sure you shut it off correctly:

Disable IPv6 in all Uverse RGs info here:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Equipment/Slow-connection-using-Google-Facebook-and-certain-sites-after/m-p/3860323#M382

If a 2wire/Pace/Arris RG (3800/3801/5031/5268) click the Go here link at top of the orange globe on the page of the link above.

Make sure to also disable IPv6 in Win local area and wireless connection properties.

Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I have a 5268AC. I did all of this with no luck.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg

Is there anything else I can try? That didn't work.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@danp13   Can try this:

I'd do a whole house reboot.

Unplug the RG and DVR and STB(s)and any WAP for wireless receiver(s), wait 30 seconds and plug the RG back in.

When that turns all green, then plug the DVR back in and wait until it reboots.

Then if there is a WAP, plug it in and let it turn green. Make sure it is 5-6' from the RG.

Then plug in the STB(s), wait til it reboots and see if

Acronym Guide so you understand all terms: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/17724

Then this if needed:

If the DVR functions are still not working properly, try a Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery.

Unplug the power cord of the DVR from the back of the box and wait ten seconds. Plug the DVR back in.

When three white dots appear on the screen, unplug the DVR again. Repeat this process two more times.

Plug the DVR back in on the third time and leave in. A gear with a status bar at the bottom of the screen should appear.

If the Disaster Recovery screen does not appear, repeat the steps above. If the Disaster Recovery screen appears, wait until completion.

If the Non-Destructive Disaster Recovery does not work, follow the steps for a Force Disaster Recovery (FDR will erase recordings)

Re-downloads all the software. N-DDR will NOT erase recordings, takes a bit of time or so. I do one every few months to get rid of any bugs in the software. Good luck 😉

Chris

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg I don't have tv, only uVerse internet. I do have DirecTV.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @danp13,

We saw your private message. Make sure there is nothing around the modem like speakers or electronics. Also, if you have multiple devices connected, remove them and test. An option would be to update the channel. That has resolved some issues. Check out this article, it  may help. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@danp13 wrote:
@mibrnsurg I don't have tv, only uVerse internet. I do have DirecTV.

@danp13   Your original post mentions IPTV, that's what Uverse TV is, so assumed you have a Uverse DVR. Smiley LOL

Chris

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg Sorry about that I meant iptv as in world tv programming through my pc laptop. What else can I try? I'm lost as to what is causing this after the tech left.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Hi,

Something the technician did caused this on the outside. We didn't have this problem for the many years we had service.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.