Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help with your equipment?
khoavo2201's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, April 19th, 2015 11:02 PM

About my Uverse internet Max Plus !

Hi there, It looks like i had some issue when upgraded from my uverse max to uverse max plus cause when I tried to run a speedtest on my laptop ( I used wired connection ), the download speed that I got was around 14,15 mbps per second. Before when I had the Uverse Elite ( the downstreams was always 6 or 7mpbs) and the Uverse Max ( i got the downstream up to 13mbps) so I did not know why I got the slow speed while I am getting the Uverse Max Plus now. I felt that it was not really difference from my previous Uverse package. I also had a technician came out to my place and fixed the box outside. So could anyone give me some ideas that I can improve my download speed ?

Thank you

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@khoavo2201 wrote:

Hi there, It looks like i had some issue when upgraded from my uverse max to uverse max plus cause when I tried to run a speedtest on my laptop ( I used wired connection ), the download speed that I got was around 14,15 mbps per second. Before when I had the Uverse Elite ( the downstreams was always 6 or 7mpbs) and the Uverse Max ( i got the downstream up to 13mbps) so I did not know why I got the slow speed while I am getting the Uverse Max Plus now. I felt that it was not really difference from my previous Uverse package. I also had a technician came out to my place and fixed the box outside. So could anyone give me some ideas that I can improve my download speed ?

Thank you

What are your download/upload sync rates like these:

Max User Rate 57703 kbs 6958 kbs

These are mine on a 32M profile. On 12/1.50 Mb VDSL Internet, I get 15.35/2.00 Mb. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

how can I check it ? Cause I usually run the speedtest on att.com/speedtest

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@khoavo2201 wrote:

how can I check it ? Cause I usually run the speedtest on att.com/speedtest

What RG do you have?    You can't test for them, they are listed in the RG.  Also if you happen to have Uverse TV, watching/recording HD programs can affect your Internet speed on 18Mb Internet and higher. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I only have the uverse internet max plus, no uverse tv. And my RG is NVG510. The tech said that they will ship to me another RG to see if i can improve my speed.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

but the only thing that I see the ATT give me a Motorola NV510, so could I request them for another modem as you said that It can improve my speed ?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

9 years ago

If they gave you an NVG 510, then that means you're using the ADSL2+ type of U-verse connection (vs. the VDSL2 type of U-verse connection).  ADSL2+ means that you're probably using wiring directly from the Central Office (though it could be from a nearby cabinet) and you are probably further away from whichever you are connected to than you would be with VDSL2.

AT&T can't just switch your modem from an NVG 510 to another one to fix this issue, we asked about the NVG 510 just as an indicator of what kind of connection you have.  You got an NVG 510 because that's what you need for this type of connection.

ADSL2+ speeds top out and 18 Mbps down and 1.0 Mbps up and may struggle to get that.  VDSL2+ speeds top out (depending on part of country and nearby facilities) at 75 Mbps down and 6 Mbps up and you normally get all of your package bandwidth and more.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

i called for ATT tech support and they said i should get the speed up to 18, sometimes 19, so they did not know why I only got speed around 14,15mbps. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

9 years ago

A VDSL2 customer with Max Plus will typically get over 18.  An ADSL2+ customer with Max Plus will be lucky to get 18.  The support people don't know the difference between VDSL2 and ADSL2+.  You're ADSL2+ and fall in to the lucky-to-get-18 category.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.