For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
EspElement's profile

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, May 1st, 2018 2:46 PM

What is the bgw210-700 port forwarding vpn passthrough?

I need help, I just got your service and I have been pulling my hair out on how in the world to get my router to work behind this modem/router. I have configured IP Passthrough and have now disabled the AT&T normal WiFi. I got it all working well for my home network. Issue I have now is, I cannot find a way to forward ports to allow connections thru putty, HTTP and VNC from outside the local network. I have the ports forwarded on my router, but using the public IP to get there doesn't work.

I feel like the Cascaded Router option is maybe where I need to go, but I cannot seem to get it to accept the numbers I am giving it.

I have been really upset about this setup, it has not been a good start for me and AT&T. I just left Charter but may consider moving back next year if I cannot get this resolved.

Thank you

Joshua

ACE - Professor

• 

5.4K Messages

5 years ago

Yes, it’s actually quite simple.  

The gateway received a new firmware update recently and as such I’ll be doing a factory reset soon which will require reapplying all these modifications.  And I also agree if you have a competent router for WiFi, it will likely perform better than the BGW210 and as such disabling the built in WiFi is the way to go to keep congestion to a minimum.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I think this will work with current setup.

Make sure your 3rd party not using 192.168.1.1 DNS.

If it doesn't, then, you need to move ATT router to some other NAT such as 192.168.2.254.

After done that, everything is working !!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Firstly, put your device back in DHCP mode. 

Second of all, don't use public IP. Since it doesn't help to hide your real IP address - that's maybe the case. 

Check for some VPNs to help you with it. Personally, I like this resource - https://en.vpnwelt.com/vpn-comparison/. It shares detailed reviews and provides instant solutions.

Hopefully, it helped

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.