Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
reichmaj's profile

Teacher

• 

36 Messages

Saturday, October 19th, 2013 4:07 PM

Upgrading AT&T Uverse modem/Routers

AT&T Forum

I'll post my question to the community because after129 minutes of working with AT&T tecnical support

I got no where.

Bottom line is I want to take advantage of my laptops 802.11N wireless band capabilities.  I currently have an AT&T model 3801HGV modem/router which is not N band capable.  AT&T sells an upgraded modem/router the PACE  DSL Gateway Model 4111N.  Is it simple a case of replaceing Modem/Routers?  Or would I also need to increase my banbwidth too? I presently am under the 12 Mbps plan.

[edited formatting to remove blank space at bottom]

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Hello Morgan,

I would like to upgrade to the 2Wire/Pace 5301NV

Please get back to me on this.

Thanks

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @Warframe

We will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response.In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi AT&T Customer support, 

I noticed you are still watching this thread, so I would also like to get the information from you on updating the router I have. We are only using Uverse for Internet and currently have the 2Wire 3800 HGV-B, but we are seeing increibdly spotty performance recently and we also upgraded various devices in the house. 

Please let me know how we can move to the most current version (or fastest option?)

Thanks!

- Luke [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

@goldwriting, we will be glad to help you get more information. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Hi Luke I gave up on getting a response to replace the modem, and decided to buy a Google OnHub. I disabled wireless on the AT&T Modem, and now use OnHub to manage my wifi exclusively, including of course 5G. It works much better, both in wifi speed and signal strength. I continue to measure my upload and download speeds from the modem, in fact the google app to manage OnHub does this, and I don't get anywhere near the bandwidth I'm paying for. I'm about to move and will need to switch providers when I do, so I haven't bothered pursuing this with AT&T. If you decide to try this approach, I can send details on how to set up the modem and router.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

@goldwriting,

Hey,

We just wanted to check in with you, since we have not heard back about your service interruptions. Hopefully, everything is working fine, but if not, let us know, send us your account number, and we will be glad to help.

Thanks,

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Dear ATT,

I have ATT Gateway 3800HGV-B since 2009. It has very bad Wi-Fi and also doe not support Giga Bit ethernet.

I am subscribing Internet and TV services and my current gateway is leased.

How can I upgrade to newer Gateway/Router.

Thanks

Sanjay

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

@SKAGRAWAL,

We will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I want to know if I have the latest and newest equipment available. I believe with the monthly price for phone/internet/DirecTv package I'm entitled the best. Please help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have Uverse Internet and had previously had a POLYCOM IP Phone connecting to our main office in California through their Comcast Service.

At first it did not work, but I was told to buy an older 2 wire PACE 5031NV Modem because it did not enable SIP-ALG.  Recently, this modem will not let me connect.  I think for some reason it updated the firmware in the modem that no longer allows that to be turned off.  I have a NETGEAR N600 Router connected as I have always had and it allow the SIP-ALG to be disabled.

Can you provide any assistance?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.