Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
RC54's profile

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 11:33 PM

Unable to connect to ip cameras from remote location

Since switching to Uverse I cannot get my three Trendnet IP cameras to connect remotely, as I could before with my previous neetwork setup. I've managed to set them up within the 2wire RG with the port forwarding and all, and can connect to them from the LAN, as well as the app that I have on my Android phone, but I cannot get them to connect from any remote computer.

I can connect to them from my local computer using the local IP (192.168.1.xx:xxxx), but when I type in the broadband address with the port number it will not connect. And I find that odd since this address is the same exact address that I have plugged into the app on my phone...where it works great.

I've tried everything I can think of including putting them in the DMZ, to no avail. They will not connect using the broadband address of 172.xx.xx.xx:xxxx.

I'm thinking that maybe I should connect my DLink router back in through the DMZ and reconnecting everything back to it as it was before, but I'm not even sure that would work.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks...

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Tarife wrote:

In your IP Camera configuration, go to Network, then to UPNP Setting and Turn ON the UPNP Port Forwarding (UPNP To Map Port).  By turning this On, then you can use your WAN or access your IP Camera via the internet using the WAN address.

Do you think that will work when the AT&T Gateway doesn't support UPnP?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.