Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Shaba8's profile

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

Monday, September 19th, 2016 5:36 PM

Intermittent DSL & WiFi

Been having same issue for over a month. Still intermittent Wifi. Have utilized on line support, chat support, jspoke to support several times. Each time Wifi is restored. Bought NEW modem directly from ATT. Set up no problems. Had Wifi less than 24 hours. Even had 2 technician come & check. Both claiming problem resolved. STILL same, Wifi may work for 5 minutes or 2 days. Still unresolved. Since ALL my services, that means ALL home phone, wireless (data usage, & Direct TV, services are effected, and/or lost. No Wifi means High data 4G use, landline loud static, DIRECT TV-loss of all internet service & connection. PLEASE HELP!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hello we now have ATT not by choice though we had Charter and they lie about cost Way more than 29.99 x 3wwith all the crap fess added. So we switched to Direct & were extremely happy low bill & great service & then we were notified that AT&T tookus over & since then we have had problems. The costalmosttripled without warning & even if you call you just get transfered around & then promised refund which they just add back on some where else later down the line. My problem is the WIFI although I should call it SLOWER THAN A TURTLE DRAGGIN THEIR LEGS. Told me how to change it but of course it doesn't work when I try, Call them THAT'S A REAL JOKE, 

Eternal Hold, switch around & then hang up.

I don't know what we are gonna do wubt AT& T gotta Go.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

It is obvious that this issue has not been resolved, but hopefully someone at AT&T occasionally monitors this thread and sees the level of frustration the AT&T system creates.  I too have had the notion that AT&T could be actively shutting off WiFi in the home to force connected iPhones and iPads (or their Droid equivalent) to shift to cell data - thus pushing clients near the data cap to pay overage charges.  Any phone call to AT&T customer service takes a minimum of 45 minutes and several transfers. Every transfer causes a reiteration of the user problem since AT&T computers do not share the data.  On-Line multiple choice trouble shooters often do not offer a relevant choice or ability to enter specific feedback.  AT&T's re-merging as the large monopoly it once was has created a disjoint system of divisions under the same corporate logo that do not communicate with each other well.  If AT&T chose to use their R&D budget to restructure so that the client experience was put above the stock holder feedback, I think their profits would be even higher.  Currently the AT&T strategy seems to make AT&T services a briar patch that is too painful to leave, rather than an enjoyable experience to which customers would want to invite their friends.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

7 years ago

Sigh.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your expert Sigh.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Same here. Whether it's the broadband connection from externally or the wireless internally, there's no consistency at all, and contacting customer service or tech support is a joke.

What REALLY grinds my gears is that so often AT&T will offer to sell a newer version of the same trash that isn't working in the first place. Just fix the service and stop locking down the router to force customers to use your flaky DNS servers.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.