For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
atjaywalker's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, December 15th, 2011 4:33 PM

Closed

Edit Device Name missing on 3801HGV

I have lots of devices listed on my 3801hgv Residential Gateway (RG) and only one has the "Edit Name" link on the LAN -> Status tab.  I've tried other browsers and checked other dialog tabs with no luck.  Has anyone been able to force the Edit Name link to appear?  Other devices only have a read-only "Device Details" link in the device list.  Thanks!

PS - The 3801HGV firmware is currently: 6.3.7.40

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Perhaps, however, 2 of the same laptop models, same model year, at the same hardware and software levels should be handled the same.  Appreciate your responses though, I agree that some devices won't allow a rename.

Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

12 years ago

The only devices that CANNOT be name edited are computers, since you've already set a name ON the computer; and the same goes for some smartphones.  If you want to edit the name of a computer or smartphone, you'll need to rename the device AT the device.

Sometime before Phase 3, ALL devices that can be edited now STAY named!  I have always used Private-Fixed, but it made no difference in the past.  Something changed with an update somewhere.  I think it happened when we got the ability to NAME our DVR/STBs from the TV menu. Smiley Wink

• 

4.4K Messages

11 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.