For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
hyunbum11128's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2009 8:06 PM

connection problem with my macbook pro

hi i don't know why but whenever i am using my macbook on my wireless home network the connection dies and internet is unavailable for about a minute and comes back on and it does not happen with other computer which is not a macbook how do i fix this?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I'm having a similar problem. My Mac Pro, which is hardwired, works great. Our iPhones and iPads connect wirelessly and work great as well. However, our Apple laptops (12" PowerBook & 13" MacBook) wont connect wirelessly anymore. Leading up to a few days ago, the laptops would lose connection periodically and I'd just reset the modem/router to fix the issue. Well now resetting the modem does nothing. The laptops "connect" to the network but I can't pull up any pages on the web. I called AT&T tech support and spent forever trying to fix the problem but couldn't. Since they couldn't figure it out, they figured it was a hardware problem and sent a new Gateway. It still doesn't work. 

I attempted to do what themack707 said: I changed the wireless mode to "b". However, whenever I switch the DHCP Network Range to 172.16.0.0 and hit save, it stalls out--nothing happens so I have to reset the Gateway again.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's really frustrating...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.