For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Myproblems's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 7th, 2018 2:37 PM

Connecting RING doorbell

My wireless connection will not connect to my ring doorbell, is this a common issue with AT&T?

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Lol. The EXACT same thing happened today. AT&T came today and gave me a new gateway router. BGW210-700. Neither my Ring or my Chime Pro would connect. Tried everything the techs could think of, and I messed with the firewall settings after and that didn’t work. I disconnect one of my ring pros (has AC adaptor) and went to a buddy’s house that had AT&T with fiber and same router as me. Doorbell connected and worked like a champ. Is it a speed issue? My home WiFi is 30 down and 6 up. Just ordered upgrade to 1000 down/up. Maybe that will fix it?  If not, days of buffering should be over for good. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I am also a networking pro.  I have the ATT Arris NVG599 coupled to a Netgear Orbi mesh router.  I have put the Arris router in IP Passthrough mode (Arris vesion of DMZ Plus) and still can not get my Ring Pro to connect to the internet.  Ring has sent me a replacement Ring Pro and a Chime Pro repeater, and neither connects to the internet. There is a strong connection to my Orbi router (Ping at +-34ms) but ATT is blocking it on their end.  I am reluctant to call ATT and waste my time with turn off router etc.  I have exhausted my bag of tricks, anybody else have any suggestions.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Ring needs to step up with a solution - even if that involves negotiating with AT&T. I’m upgrading to fiber Monday, hopefully that will fix things. I tried my ring at a neighbor’s house who has AT&T fiber AND the same router I do and it worked perfectly. So it isn’t ALL AT&T accounts that are being blocked.

I’ll post if the fiber upgrade fixes my issue - either due to increased speed or some kind of account reset. (I’m NOT a network professional... By I did stay at a Holiday Inn a while back..)

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Chocks
I have the ATT fiber broadband 75mbps down and 20mbps and my Ring Pro still can not connect to the internet since 5/10. Hopefully it fixes your situation, but it has not fixed mine.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I have the exact same problem.   I have tried disabling the firewall, enabling IP Passthrough to my netgear router, multiple routers, DMZ'ing the Ring, disabling all security features including NAT and packet filtering.   I contacted Ring for the 3rd time.  They have scheduled a call with the T2 support.   Fingers crossed.    And while I can't view live video, the device is constantly sending motion alerts to my my iphone and posting videos online that I can view through the W10 app.   The Ring rep didn't seem to know anything about AT&T blocking.  I sent her this discussion.

Manufacturer ARRIS
Model Number BGW210-700
Serial Number R91NG8KR400405
Software Version 1.9.16

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Everything points to ATT, previous posts say they were able to connect with a verizon hotspot successfully.  Therefore ATT is blocking, though I have zero confidence in their phone support, since they will direct me to replace their router, which is not the source of the problem.  I strongly suspect that the ATT as a company is blocking something since this is widespread.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for posting this.  Please let us know if you make it work after your T2 support.

Bill

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Chocks,

Ring's T2 support did call me.   Sadly, they called to tell me they are still researching the issue and don't have any further information at this time.   I also posted the question to my small neighborhood's facebook page ... within a matter a minutes, I had 3 neighbors confirm the same problem since switching to AT&T fiber.   I guess I should report the issue to AT&T next (just so it has visibility within the organization)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

My Ring app no longer will allow me past the log in screen.  I just got an LG v35 about a week and a half ago 5/26/19.  I updated to the latest software which is Android 8 on 6/3/19.  That is the latest for my phone at this time. Ring wouldn't work and I kept getting a white screen that said they couldn't load my locations.  I re-set my doorbell by removing battery.  I then re-set my wifi router by powering it off and then on.  It worked yesterday 6/4/19.  I then didn't need the app because I thought it was working.  I came home from work today and i got the same connection error again. So I re-set the wifi router and this time it would not work.  I thought I would reinstall the ring app.  I re-installed Ring app and still nothing. I try to log in to the ring app and It says "An error occurred trying to perform the operation.  Try again later."  I have an Arris BGW210-700.  It is At&T fiber.  I have gone onto the IP address website and separated the wifi networks and split the 2.4 and 5 ghz.  My phone was automatically going to 5G LTE and so I thought it wasn't reading the Ring device or app.  Didn't work, as my phone is now connected to 2.4 ghz.  I have an IPOD that is about two years old. Ring app works fine and works as it should.  The Ipod shows to connect to 5ghz.  So...unbelievable.  So how is AT&T network blocking anything if I can see it on the web and through the ring app on an Ipod Touch that is 2 to 3 years old AND connects to 5ghz?  I tried altering firewall settings on ip web address but I didn't change too much because I am self-taught IT amateur.  I called Ring and the tech told me I should have at least Ring app version 3.13.2 and I had 3.14.0.  Then she told me my phone should have the latest android version 9.  I googled and of course there are many versions of android out DEPENDING on your device.  There is an Android 9 Pie.  That is only allowed on certain phones.  My phone isn't compatible with that android version.  A lot of android phones are not compatible with android 9 pie.  Could it be, Ring messed up and allowed their software to only be compatible with a certain android version that is not universal and widely available?  I think when they updated their software to include compatibility with Android 9 pie they may have deleted previous versions of Android instead of including them.  After 4 freaking hours of being in a rabbit hole of this mess.  I am done for today but will get back to it.  At least it works on my ipod. So angry.  Wasted my entire day on this.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I too have ATT. I have fiber service and routinely get  around 400mb down and 350mb up speeds. Speed definitely isn’t my issue. I’ve had a Doorbell Pro hardwired for almost a year with no issue. That all changed, like the rest of you, on May 10th. I get motion notifications and can watch recorded video but no live view. I even created a “pin hole” in my firewall for Ring. Nothing worked. Ring just sent a replacement and it’s having the exact same issues. 

My neighbor (same ATT service as me) also has the exact same issue with his Ring Doorbell and Spotlight Cam. 

I had a friend over that has a Ring camera at his house on the other side of town. When he’s on my WiFi he can’t see his live view. As soon as he goes to cellular data his live view pops right up. 

This is is beyond ridiculous. I’m going to push for a full refund and go with Nest products. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.