For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
John-M's profile

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

Friday, April 27th, 2018 7:48 PM

Trouble signing into myatt.com

For 2 days unable to sign in to myatt.com. It just grinds aimlessly. WHY? Anyone else experiencing this problem. Need help

Thanks

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I've had the same issue for 3 months now.  Still unresolved after many hours of trying to resolve.  I'm tired of this company! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I've had sign in issues with this company for months now.  Many hours trying to resove merger with direct TV and ATT.  I'm ready to ditch this service.

Amazing how a company this large cannot get this resolved for me.

Scholar

• 

214 Messages

5 years ago

I cannot sign in to My ATT community forums

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

How does one "reset password" if you cannot login?? I am unable to get into my ATT on lap top using Chrome browser and on Samsung Note 5 using ATT app or using browser. I cannot reset if cannot get in...wouldn't need to reset if I could get in.... SMH

Same message on both :

"System error. We seem to be experiencing system issues. Please try again later."

I am considering buying new $1000 phone and will not stay with ATT if I cannot get this resolved before purchasing in next few days. 

Other service providers are starting to look really good right now.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@hippiechickkim said:

How can one "reset password" if they cannot get into account? I

That's what Forgot ID/Password is for.  It gives you 3 choices.  The first is to answer your security questions.  Don't remember then?  I guess you can't do that.  The second is to send a temporary password to your recovery email address you defined in your myAT&T.  If you specified the email address for the account you are trying to recover then that's your own fault so I guess you cannot use that method either.  Last choice is to send an temp email via snail mail to your contact snail mail address.  If you moved and didn't update it or are no longer a customer (not sure of this though) then you don't have a snail mail address and I guess you can't use Forgot ID/Password.

As a last resort you can try calling the Digital Assistance Center (877-273-2728) for help.  But if you cannot prove you are you over the phone (pin number, account number) then I guess you're out of luck resetting your password.  I have no more suggestions beyond these (well, other than get a new email address from a service that actually knows how to run an email service).

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Wow... thanks for all that helpful / unhelpful information. I was not
given these options. I was sent an email saying click here to reset your
password and when I click on it it sends me to a whole nother page the
homepage for AT&T. Never was I given the options that you listed in your
reply. I know the answers to all the things that you said I was never asked
those questions. I have a pretty good email provider. Google with Gmail I
got this message fairly fast. Maybe you should try getting some manners
thanks

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I did use the link you placed in your answer.... "forgot my password"   even though I DID NOT forget my password. and I changed my password to something else. Thank you for your links. I am not a person who is clueless when it comes to computers as your answer seemed to be implying. I do not understand why AT&T is making Me (and apparently others) change their passwords when the ones we have were working just fine until recently. A message from them would have been nice. IDK, something that says "We suggest you change your password" or "Our system has been updated and you will need to change your password to get into your account. here is a link" When I asked for code to do so earlier it kept kicking me to AT&T home page where I was not signed in.  Anyway..... Thank you for your help. Please, try and be a nicer expert.  lol

PEACE

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@hippiechickkim 

I did use the link you placed in your answer.... "forgot my password" even though I DID NOT forget my password.

Don't blame the messenger.  I didn't chose the name for that webpage.  Something more appropriate might be "create new password" because that's what it's purpose in life is.

I changed my password to something else. Thank you for your links. I am not a person who is clueless when it comes to computers as your answer seemed to be implying.

You usually can't tell anything about a posters background based on a single text based post.  And related to that...

I do not understand why AT&T is making Me (and apparently others) change their passwords when the ones we have were working just fine until recently. A message from them would have been nice. IDK, something that says "We suggest you change your password" or "Our system has been updated and you will need to change your password to get into your account. here is a link"

There are many threads on these forums about login problems, mostly from users with legacy accounts (e.g. sbcglobal.net, pacbell.net, bellsouth.net, etc., i.e., any att domain other than att.net) so it's not like the "change your password" hasn't been suggested many times before (including a bunch from me, sorry I got a little snippy).  A little searching would have found that out.  Also att is not hiding that suggestion from you.  Every single page you visit in these att internet forums has a uniquely colored announcement near the top right of the page (including this page) suggesting you change your password for login problems (although I don't like the page they link to).

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

gotcha! I was logging on to pay my bill prepay cell bill. So not an actual "account" per say. I stumbled upon this page through a search for my login page... I said to myself "NO, I need the login page" Then when I got there and it wouldnt let me log in I clicked on this search result and read someone else has the same problem. read the answer and got confused.... mine kept kicking me off of the reset password...  so all in all. Thanks again for helping this "newbie" to this forum and I will try to pay more attention to things before replying. HOWEVER...it did get my issue fixed so  🙂  Thanks again  lol

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@hippiechickkim 

Glad you got it fixed and welcome to the forums.  Man Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.