Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
annie032167's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, December 17th, 2018 6:55 PM

How do I get my Veteran Discount?

We have been your customer for over 40 years at this address.  First for a land line, then internet and Direct TV.

I am a veteran of the US Air Force.  Where is our discount?  We have cell phone service on our daughter's plan.

There are perks for new customers.  What about long time loyal customers?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

I too am disabled veteran I went to the store in June 2018 and they supposed to have applied the veterans discount I never saw it - now I contact att the love chat tells me to attempt through her link which states I’m not qualified, so she tells me to go back to the store. I go back to the store and the nasty very nasty young lady tells me I have to wait 1 1/2-2 hours to be helped after driving 20 minutes I walked out called att got the elite customer service this was all in December I still do t have the discount as it was finally processed online received the “your enrolled” and talked again with the Chicago elite customer service group who tell me if it’s not on my next bill to reply to the message email and they will investigate. This is just laughable cause wasn’t on my bill, I replied to email and they are doing nothing I’m now looking at Verizon just to sicknof the run around 6 months of discounts I too love of my disability and social security and sick of people saying one thing doing another. I did my job do yours.

ACE - Teacher

• 

943 Messages

5 years ago

I see, it has to do with cell phone plan, which we have US Cellular with VETERAN discount with normal plan. 

This August, I will be renegotiating our 450 U-verse, internet, and land line plan, and will mention Veteran discount.  I don't want to disturb existing 2 year locked in price and possibly throw things off, if you know what I mean.  I have a really good  negotiated rate for everything we have with U-verse and phone.  Lock them in for another 2 years at same rate or less, is the goal.  If not, subject to do away with land-line, movie channels and down grade to U300 and will still be a customer.  I do prefer ATT U-verse with their wireless equipment and it has never gone out in our 9 years since, switching.  They have upgraded our equipment along the way, w/o any additional charges. We have 3 DVR boxes and the 45Mbps speed internet,  has not failed either.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@suebrus  What service are you expecting the discount on? If Directv, do you have a qualifying wireless plan?

ACE - Teacher

• 

943 Messages

5 years ago

I forgot to add, that after I have been able to negotiate my renewed package for ATT,  to keep me a happy customer, then I will ask for the military discounts.  See what they say then?  Just wondering if those in the know......ATT still have their, "Loyalty Dept?"  I will be asking for it again come time to renew with ATT.  That department did really want to work with the customer, 1-1/2 years ago.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Funny thing is back in June 2018 the att wireless store processed the veterans discount on both the wireless and my directv and it’s only the wireless account that’s not showing the veteran discount the directv has the discount from att.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

We have very poor wireless reception with att and numerous issues that we never had before with our directv the customer service doesn’t seem to care;(

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@suebrus wrote:
Funny thing is back in June 2018 the att wireless store processed the veterans discount on both the wireless and my directv and it’s only the wireless account that’s not showing the veteran discount the directv has the discount from att.

@suebrus That is very strange. You would not be getting the military discount on Directv if your wireless account did not have the appropriate military discount FAN code on it. It does not make any sense getting the Directv military discount and not the wireless discount as the Directv military discount is dependent on having the military wireless discount. If calls to customer support aren’t getting that fixed, file an FCC or BBB complaint. The good news is the discount on the wireless should be retroactive. You should get the appropriate discount for past bills too.

Scholar

• 

109 Messages

5 years ago

I am a veteran as well as an  at&t retired management-type.

Apparently at&t only gives lip service to those that served yet give  enormous discounts on cell phones / cell service ( data) and internet to those that choose not to work.

It is yet another government program to " help people to find work " ... what a laugh ! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.