For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
Sandlotje's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, November 26th, 2019 4:07 AM

Neighbors down the street of same neighborhood have fiber. How can I get service?

All houses were built at the same time in the neighborhood. What are the steps to initiate a request to get fiber? Even if it takes a while to process, I want to have fiber in my home.  As of right now, AT&T internet services are not available to me at my address (*** Gainesville FL 32605).  I do not believe fiber is being worked on in my area anymore. In my screenshot, I've marked in red the closest address that has fiber available.  For reference, that home is about a quarter or a half mile down the road.  I currently have Cox and am desperate to get AT&T.  

Please help direct me to initiate a ticket, request number, or whatever is necessary to begin the process.  

In the following picture, my house is circled in blue.  The first address with fiber available is in red.  Just a quarter mile or so down the road. The window on the left hand side is just to show that fiber is available at that address.

Thanks in advance! 

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

To help visualize availability, I took a screenshot of the entire neighborhood and marked each residence with availability in red, and the addresses where it is UNAVAILABLE in blue.  The major road is at the top of the screenshots.  It is marked as State Road 222, known locally as 39th Avenue.  

This screenshot is the ENTIRE neighborhood (Palm Grove). 

Fiber availability2.JPG

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

For another point of reference, here's the latest (2018) FCC Fiber map for my area.  Areas in green have AT&T fiber available, whereas areas in yellow did not as of June 2018.  Again, the major avenue (39th Avenue) that AT&T has been running along (from the I-75 branch off) is represented as that black line running through the middle of the map.  I'm guessing my neighborhood was "addressed" prior to 2018.  Hence, this is why I'm reaching out to try to get some fiber.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Bump

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.