For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
James1969's profile

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2019 7:23 PM

I guess I'm going to say Bye AT&T

Well even though I can throw a ball and/or spit from my house to AT&T Fiber

AT&T Fiber is very close

But sadly an AT&T Main Line Technician told me I would be dead and cold before AT&T brings Fiber to my area, Even as it just right over there in spitting distance 😪

So I'm guessing If I don't get any good news about Fiber I will have to say Good Bye to At&T

This means my Home Phone, Mobile, and DirecTV

Oh and just so y'all know this will be an End to a 40+ year customer 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

The fiber running on your street may be a backbone dedicated fiber to emergency services, government or cell towers that cannot be shared with public services i have a 144 fiber fiber run crossing my backyard and it all goes to the hospital and highway patrol up the road and i still have to settle with dsl

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

Oh sorry I forgot to put:

I will leave all AT&T services if I don't hear about Fiber by January 1st 2020

So let start 2020 right and tell me Fiber is coming soon, So I don't have to say Good Bye.

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

No my County has it's own Fiber Network 

If you look at the map on my other post all the Red is AT&T Fiber and the Fiber Node is right up the street

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

4 years ago

your demand by January will not be seen by at&t as we are a community of customers here and at&t does not read these forums theres a small community team on here that may chime in but based on my experience they will point you to the service availability page

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I agree with James1969 I'm guessing he's gone now and I am working on getting my neighborhood to switch as i write this. Poor customer service, infrastructure is 30 years old, it constantly breaks, yep... Hasta la vista...

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

4 years ago

Well marlalee28 I'm around, But I followed what I said as I have left DirecTV and Home Phone from AT&T.

Now what Constructive said, No the Fiber Node up the road is AT&T

Again I have been in the Communication Business for over 30 years and Yes Fiber also, So yes I know what I talking about.

The subdivisions all around in the section of the map below are big, But what I don't understand is y'all put fiber in drugs areas, Well I guess y'all what them to sell there brain killers faster.

Where I live we have so many Police, FBI, NSA, and others from Home Land Security.

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

OMG I talked to some AT&T Main Line and Fiber people here and they don't understand why Fiber isn't in all these Neighborhoods down Oakley Pirkle Rd in Martinez, GA

I wonder if AT&T knows Columbia County (Evans, Martinez & Grovetown) was Voted the Best Place to Live in the USA (Well unless you want Fiber Internet).

We are the #2 in IT behind Silicon Valley, CA

Now we are in 2021 and like I said why does AT&T want to Push Fiber into Drug Neighborhoods and Not Care about us Hard working folks and I guess y'all don't care about the FBI, NSA. Police and Cyber guys that live all around me.

Sorry for the Rant, But how is something going to get done if Nobody says anything.

Please I BEG bring Fiber into these Neighborhoods (The Copper lines are at least 45 years old and falling apart 

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

Well At&T Fiber is there any update to when Fiber is coming to these Neighborhoods around me and my Location ?

Yes I have Gigabit with my Cable Provider, But what is killing me is Cable Upload Speed as it's only 50Mbps.

I guarantee if you ask the folks living in all these Neighborhoods they would convert to Fiber = Yes I know y'all can as a AT&T Sales Rep came buy and want me to go with DSL (Dead Technology).

If can't help then Please give me the info to Contact the Fiber Network Head Engineer, So I can talk with him = Please

Also me being in the Communication Technician for 30 years, The Pandemic would have been a great time to run all the Main Fiber Lines (This doesn't mean I wanted this problem to come as I liked Night Splicing as Nobody would bother me working)

Yes I left DirecTV, But I do have HBOMax, So I'm still in the AT&T Family = Fiber Optics would bring me More into the Family and I might go with AT&T Cell Service.

Please AT&T Fiber as I'm Begging = Thank you       

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

I went to a Friends House at the End of Oakley Pirkle Rd and the speed was Super Fast.

Also Please look Here and you will see Cable Upload Speed isn't any good

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-fiber-ordering/please-help-me-get-fiber-yes-im-begging/5df02d23bad5f2f606ffe804

Teacher

• 

42 Messages

2 years ago

Well we are getting closer and closer to 2022 and still don't understand why Evans and Martinez, GA doesn't have Fiber = Evans/Martinez (Columbia County, GA) has been voted the best place to live and we have separated form Augusta, GA (Richmond, GA) as we have our own DA and 3 Judges.

Like I said this hole area in the maps above have alot of Police, Frist Responders, FBI, NSA, CIA, and Military, So to me being this long At&T doen't care

Like I said I have been in Communication and IT for over 30 years and I know what and how Fiber is run and there is No Reason Fiber shouldn't be in this whole area = From Old Belair Rd. up Oakley Pirkle Rd. to Belair Rd. 

Now I do have HBOMAX (Left DirectTV and Land Line) if AT&T can care for all the USA Protectors (Police, Frist Responders, FBI, NSA, CIA, and Military), I have talked to alot of the people in the gray area and 99% of them want Fiber and are sick of Cable unreliability and slow Upload Speed = Doing Zoom, Skype, Teams - Also Gaming and Streaming with Cable is Very Unreliable at 50MB Upload and I have seen low as 2MB on Cable as it's shared where y'all Fiber (Just Like DSL) is Dedicated Download and Upload = Not Shared
Again I'm asking, Please Bring Fiber = Please 
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.