Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
MyBrainHz's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, January 12th, 2014 8:04 PM

At wit's end trying to get Uverse install completed

Is there anyone that can help my finalize my Uverse install on our new construction home? This process has been brutal. I've been promised four different install dates at this point, and have been without internet in this home for two and a half months. A timeline:

10/31/13: Call to place order for Uverse TV and Internet. There is a "facility issue" and my order can not be placed at this time.

11/26: Get email from AT&T saying your address now qualifies for Uverse. Hooray! I call to set up install. Sorry, nope, just kidding, facility issue. No ETA on a fix.

Around 12/10: I call to check on status. It will be a few weeks before they can get the facility issue fixed. Projected date 12/24. At this point my status is escalated to highest priority, blah blah blah.

12/22: I get call from AT&T. Whoops, sorry, we're running behind, make that 12/27.

12/27: Oh hey, there's a facility issue in my area. Can't install, sorry. No ETA on a fix.

1/10: I call to check on status. Good news, says AT&T, the facility issue has been fixed! I place order, install confirmed for 1/13.

At this point, it's been so long since I placed my original order that Gigapower has become available in my area. Tired of talking to AT&T on the phone, I drop by my local AT&T corporate store yesterday to discuss switching over to Gigapower. To do this, we have to place a separate order. No problem, the store guy says, it shouldn't add more than a day or two of delay to your install.

1/11: I get an email from AT&T. Can you call us? We have a question about your account. I call. You have 2 orders open, sir, do you want Gigapower or 18Mps Uverse? Obviously, Gigapower. Phone agent cancels my old order, and goes off to schedule the Gigapower install. After several minutes on hold, she comes back. Sir? The earliest install I have for you will be 1/27. WHAT? WHY? Well, there's a facility issue in your area.

AAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

I've called AT&T many times, I've gone to the local AT&T store, I've tried online chat, I've tried Twitter support. Is there ANYONE in this company that can get service installed at our house without giving us the run around? Is there any reason I shouldn't switch to Google Fiber or TWC at the first opportunity? What on earth is happening here?

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

9 years ago

@weykuo The tech could of discovered the "facility issue" at the VRAD that serves your home, and thus why he dident show. It could be that they are told someone will call you to inform you of this, or the tech just dident bother to call for whatever reason himself.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.