Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
mjiggidy's profile

3 Messages

Saturday, December 30th, 2023 10:44 PM

No "IP Passthrough" option

I would like to connect my own router to the fiber modem, and use my router for DHCP and to set a custom DNS.  I understand I cannot disable DHCP on the modem, but per other posts like this one, I should enable "IP Passthrough" in the web config for my modem.  However, I do not have that option.  Attached is a screenshot of my Firewall Settings page.

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

5 months ago

You apparently have a 5268AC.  What you want on that model Gateway is called "DMZplus."  It is 99.44% equivalent to IP Passthrough.

3 Messages

5 months ago

Aw man, I was hoping for at least 99.5% equivalent. ;) Thanks very much for your help!

Former Employee

• 

22.4K Messages

5 months ago

Do you have FTTP with an ONT installed or do you have FTTCT ATT Fixed Wireless with an external antenna mounted on address?

3 Messages

5 months ago

After googling every word in your post, I learned I have FTTP with an ONT.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

5 months ago

my thought's question is relevant because Fixed Wireless installations will not show the DMZplus option.  Fixed Wireless uses only the 5268AC (but the 5268AC can also be used for Fiber and VDSL2), but since FW uses a CGNAT private IP as the WAN IP, it cannot do DMZplus or Port Forwarding.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.