For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
M

• 

6 Messages

Monday, January 11th, 2021 2:26 PM

Help. How to set up IP passthrough and disable DHCP on a BGW210-700?

I am trying to enable IP passthrougb and disable DHCP on the BGW210-700. 

My setup is BGW210-700(wifi off)>Nighthawk AC1900 radio off port 1 Xbox Series X (double Nat😡) port 2 Nighthawk switch> Ubiquiti-UAP. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

3 years ago

You do not want to set up the Cascading router feature.  That is for when you have a public IP block and you want to assign it to a router in your network.  You want to setup IP Passthrough...  Please reply with a screenshot of your IP Passthrough tab.  Mine looks like this:

How do you know you have double-NAT?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

3 years ago

There are a ton of posts walking you through setting up IP Passthrough.  However, you cannot turn off DHCP on the Gateway.  That shouldn't matter, however.  Disable the Wi-Fi on the Gateway and then you can configure your Nighthawk to do DHCP however you want.

Do you have specific issues with IP Passthrough setup?

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Long story shortened. I had a installer come out and install a Nighthawk switch and Ubiquiti-UAP-AC-LITE x2 because my AC 1900 couldn't handle all the wifi clients I have in my home. After the installer left. I did a factory reset on the BGW210-700 now I have a double nat on my series X. 

Can someone help me?

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

JefferMC, After I did the factory reset on the BGW210-700 I attempted to set up the IP passthrough and I attempted to set up the cascading router feature. Yet I have a double nat on my series X.

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

did a network test on xbox and it said double nat. 

So remove the cascade router feature? 

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

3 years ago

If you are saying you have double nat on the Xbox, you’ll have to search changing it to open nat or using port forwarding. I do not have an Xbox but have seen this issue posted before.  It’s an Xbox issue. 

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

It has been resolved thank you all. I searched the forum for passthrough instructions. 

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Can you post the thread you used to set up correctly?  I am getting double nat with IP Passthrough with the same gateway and Eero pro.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.