Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
J

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 10th, 2021 5:53 PM

How to connect ATT BGW320-500 to TP-Link AX3000 Deco 60 Mesh Network

I was recently set up with ATT fiber optic 1000 service and the BGW320-500 gateway.  I was able to connect it to my TP-Link AX3000 mesh network (3 satellites/nodes) with no problems.  Speed checks around the house are good (in the 500-700 mbps range).  The tech who set up the ATT service and gateway said I could leave the gateway's wi-fi on as well as connect my mesh network.  I have done that, but it looks like I have two separate networks that way.  I assume that means I have "double NAT" - I'm not totally sure what that means, but my understanding is that can cause problems.  My thinking is that I would like to just use the BGW320 as my modem and convert my TP-Link mesh network to wireless access points. This would allow me to move the TP-Link unit that I'm currently using as my combination modem/node to another area of the house to improve my wi-fi coverage.  My understanding is that I would then essentially have 4 wireless access points including the one on the BGW-320.  Can I accomplish this by just changing my TP-Link system to WAP mode and then rename the BGW320 SSID and change its password to my desired name and password?  I don't use advanced functions like port forwarding (not even sure what that means).  Will my proposed set up work?  I don't want to jeopardize screwing up a setup that currently seems to be working well.  My goal is just to avoid having two networks and gain better wi-fi coverage in my home.

Thanks!

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

When at first you didn't indicate a performance difference between the options then the answer you got was correct.  Now that you're seeing a performance difference it seems like there's really only one good answer, passthrough. Better performance and you get all the features too.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Can someone explain to a novice how to accomplish this. When I set this exact system up going through deco app I have duplicate networks and my speed off of the deco network is horrible. I would like to use the provided att router and use the decos as access points.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.5K Messages

1 year ago

@C_slama 

Typically when using management console on personal router there's a clear option on choosing router or access point mode.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.