For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
D

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 13th, 2021 10:36 PM

Arris BGW210-700 Software/Firmware update

Hello,

I have an Arris BGW 210-700 first powered on at August 10, 2019.

It's software version is 2.10.6, and I want to check if it is at the latest update

If there's another update, I would like a link to the .bin file so I can manually update my router.

I also have AT&T Fiber, it anything changes,

Thank you!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

2 years ago

The 3.xx release was first seen on the BGW320 series.  My thoughts are that it focused primarily on 320 features (802.11ax and internal ONT) and they're just now catching up the 210 so that they're not maintaining a separate branch for it.

• 

25 Messages

2 years ago

Manufacturer ARRIS
Model Number BGW210-700
Software Version 3.18.5

see the upgrade..

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

2 years ago

3.18.5 arrived here, too.

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

I came across this forum while I was trying to pinpoint my connection issue. I don't know when my gateway got the update, but my software version also shows 3.18.5.

My gateway has been acting up for months. Internet connection is lost intermittently for a few minutes numerous times every single day. Starting from yesterday's early evening, all three lights are blinking (green for power and broadband and red for phone) and I couldn't get internet connection for hours. Spent nearly half an hour with AT&T tech support over the phone and all he suggested was to hard reset the gateway (the white ONT box seems to be functioning properly) which didn't solve the problem.

Scholar

• 

602 Messages

2 years ago

@PGT96 the version of your gateway isn't going to be the problem your headed down the wrong path to solve your issue.  Your problem will 99% of the time either be solved by a line issue fixed by local technician or a gateway equipment swap.  

• 

16 Messages

2 years ago

@madmax988 Thank you for your reply. The problem is AT&T tech support doesn't seem to acknowledge the problem(s) with their fiber optic signal nor the equipment (the BGE210 gateway). I was personally told that everything was working fine during the phone conversation and to ignore the indicator lights on the gateway. 

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Unplug the gateway, call 800-288-2020 and complain that you have no Internet.  They will test the line, be unable to see the gateway and will likely ship you another.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I too have AT&T fiber service with Arris BGW210-700 gateway. No complaints until about 1 1/2 months ago when a laptop and printer lost connectivity with the wireless home network. After reading lots of forum posts, I noted that gateway firmware had been “upgraded” from 2.17.5 to 3.18.5 and the timing roughly coincided though not 100% positive since I don’t use either laptop or printer every day. After much troubleshooting, a tech came and swapped the gateway out with an identical make/model and version 2.12.4 firmware installed. Immediately the laptop and printer were able to connect to the wireless home network. About a week later the firmware was once again automatically “upgraded” and both laptop and printer can no longer connect. It’s clear to me that version 3.18.5 firmware is the source of the problem. Both laptop and printer connect over the 2.4 GHz band/frequency only. Now I can’t get AT&T to help. Posts here on the community forum about this are not being published and therefore no responses, help or advice. Conspiracy?

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

I can't think of any reason that posts about a firmware-induced problem would be censored.  Some of us regulars have been highly critical when AT&T has borked the gateways in the past with really stupid firmware errors that should have never seen the light of day.  Some of those threads were going on for months!

What is it that gave you that impression? 

Your first hand experience sure points to the 3.18.5 FW as being a good candidate for the problem. 

Trouble is, like with all of the previous instances, users are basically dead in the water until new FW is released, hopefully with that issue fixed.  You could try adding a third party router behind the BGW210 using IP Passthrough which should fix the problem if it's truly the FW.

Scholar

• 

3.8K Messages

2 years ago

@Prince_Bocephus 

Both laptop and printer connect over the 2.4 GHz band/frequency only.

There is an easy fix. Just split your Wi-Fi SSIDs to be unique between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz in the BGW210-700.

Leave your 2.4 Wi-Fi alone and just add something like SSID-5 to your 5 GHz SSID. Let us know if you need help with this change.

Dave

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.