Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
OttoPylot's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 1:01 AM

New MicroCell DPH-154

AT&T has released an updated version of the MicroCell, the DPH-154. It is still basically the same as the 130 series with mostly cosmetic changes. The unit is smaller and black in color.

As far as I can tell, it still uses the same (or updated) SOC's like the Ralink and picoChip, a Xilinx FPGA, and radio/GPS modules with probably an updated linux kernel.

What Cisco decided to do, not AT&T, is remove the Computer port because they felt that most people didn't use it and that would avoid confusion when plugging in the ethernet cable. The other change, which I'm not to keen on, is that they removed the external antenna port. I'm still working on a reason why.

The name has also been changed by dropping the "3G" part. It's now officially called the "AT&T MicroCell". They also dropped the "3G" part from the url as well even though the old url will still work by redirection.

The MicroCell is still 3G only but by dropping the 3G from the name......... (i'm working on it folks Smiley Wink).

Setup, router/ISP requirements, etc are exactly the same. I'll post more if I find out anything else and I'm allowed to do so.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is there any way to add the antenna port for an external GPS antenna to a DPH154?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

7 years ago

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.