Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
TexasFan's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, October 4th, 2013 10:11 PM

MicroCell Activation Stuck at Step 4

Activation shows as in progress, but nothing has happened after a few power cycles. I have Uverse internet connected to an AirPort Extreme router. I have green lights on the MicroCell for power, internet, and GPS. The 3G light is blinking slowly and is green. I tried to go through the MicroCell Troubleshooting Guide with port forwarding, but got an error when I went to update the AirPort Extreme - it said it was no longer assigned to a DNS server. Help, please!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

I bought it used off amazon.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

8 years ago

There is s section in my Tech Guide about what to look out for if you purchase a used MicroCell. Was the MicroCell deactivated from the previous owner's account?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

It said it was deactivated.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

8 years ago

It said it was deactivated.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

have you gotten it fixed yet? and how does it work for you? I have heard mixed results on them, just curious

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

8 years ago

If the MicroCell was deactivated properly by the original owner then the serial number should be free to use with any other post paid AT&T cellular account. It sounds like it was because you'd be receiving a different error message. You might want to consider trying to register/activate it using a different browser. I've seen sporadic issues with IE when the proper information just wasn't received by AT&T but using Chrome or FF it was fine, or vice versa.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.