Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
What is happening with 3G?
whitehat01's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 27th, 2015 5:51 PM

iPhone 6s + Microcell

Received my 6s and, after two days and five phone calls to AT&T, found that the 6s doesn't work with the microcell - neither apple nor AT&T has figure it out.  Sending back the i6 and probably dropping AT&T.  Do you think someone would do some testing before they start shipping??  I'm dead in the water at work without the Microcell. 

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

9 years ago

It's working for me now

Mentor

• 

24 Messages

9 years ago

I too just got an IPhone 6S and I can no longer use my Microcell that used to work just fine with my IPhone 5S. 

When you say "Its working now" - did you have to do something, or did it just eventually start to work ?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Hello,

Same problem here. My iPhone6s, IOS 9.0.1 does not connect to my At&t microcell. 

My wife's iPhone5s, IOS 9.0.1 connects without any problems.

Here are the things that I have tried (without success):

1) Power off/on the Microcell

2) Deactivate (At&t website) and activate the microcell

3) iPhone6s - Settings -> Cellular -> Enable LTE -> change from Voice & Data to Data

4) Power off/on iPhone6s

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

9 years ago

Problems like this are becoming more frequent with each new phone release. Phones are becoming more sophisticated with each release so it's difficult for older technology (femtocells) to work smoothly initially. Sometimes it requires a firmware push to the MicroCell or one to the phone. At least iPhones seem to get resolved quicker than Android phones, in most cases.

Something is a bit odd with iOS 9.0.1 though. I've never had working apps fail after an update but now my Starbuckes app won't allow me to login and if Otto can't get his coffee in the morning, Otto is not a happy Pylot Smiley Frustrated

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Update

I tried to update the phone list for the microcell, I had two numbers there, mine and my wife's phone number.

The only one that I can delete is my wife's because mine is the owner of the account.

I deleted her number from the approved list, then re-added it again.

I rebooted both phones, the iPhone5s and the iPhone6s

Now the problem is in reverse.

My iPhone6s gets M-Cell and my wife's phone can't get M-Cell access.

Come'n AT&T !

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

9 years ago

There were some obvious problems yesterday when the new iPhone 6S was released and/or iOS 9.0.1 was released. I too noticed an issue when I first updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 9.0.1 with no M-Cell alpha tag displayed. I had to restart my iPhone 2 times before the phone would add the MicroCell to its cellular neighborhood. I never touched the MicroCell because I didn't want to complicate my troubleshooting if it wasn't the phone. No problems since.

Yesterday when the iPhone 6S was released, I noticed that my MicroCell had lost connectivity to the AT&T Mobility servers (blinking green 3G light) in the late afternoon, which it never does. Again, I did nothing with the MicroCell. After about an hour or so, connectivity was re-establlished and it has been its usual rock solid self.

I also noticed that one of my iPhone apps (Starbucks) wasn't allowing me to login. It too is now working fine. So, I think there was (is) some major tweaking still going on in various service areas between the MicroCell, iOS 9.0.1, and the iPhone 6S. Hopefully that will get resolved for everyone over the next couple of days. As phones become more complicated I think this is going to become more prevalent with older technology (femtocell).

However, WiFi calling is just around the corner for some so the MicroCell will become a thing of the past, at least for those who have a WiFi calling capable phone. This, by the way, may be part of the problem. The phone(s) will have to "decide" which signal to use for voice if you have WiFi calling enabled on your phone and if your WiFi signal is being hammered by other devices, the phone has to be able to switch seamlessly between the two.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

Heh....I can't log into any AT&T website (Mcell or My AT&T) and the venerable customer support can not make it work either, after trying 4 password updates and two different browsers.  They have escalated the problem up the chain and I get to wait for a phone call in a day or two that may or may not ever come.

Gotta love AT&T.....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hmmm, I can login to my myAT&T and my MicroCell account page with no problems ( I just checked) so there is some major tweaking and/or maintenance going on with AT&T (see one of other posts from this morning) possibly related to the iOS 9.0.1 release and the new iPhone 6S. Hopefully all of these issues will be resolved over the next couple of days.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

@HuntersPad wrote:
UPDATE: as of this morning it is now working for the 6S devices. So it seemed to had been an issue on AT&Ts side for a he iPhone 6S

Still not working on my end (iPhone 6s Plus).  Multiple restarts with Microcell, etc.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Hello Otto,

Thank you for the information,

But how do you explain now that the issue is reversed ? Now my iPhone5s can't connect to the microcell and my iPhone6s can ?

It seems like a problem (not with the hardware microcell) but with the AT&T microcell center that manages the configuration of each microcell.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.